Wednesday, July 23, 2008


A corner of our dining room. Probably I will paint the post, white.

One of the original downstairs doors.


One of the original doorknobs.

All along I've been telling Tom that, most likely, poor farmers lived in this house for nearly 130 years. I've said that because so few changes have been made to the rooms and barn. Then yesterday I found this quote in a house restoration book and said, "Yes! That's what I'm talking about." :

"Lack of money is often the best preserver of buildings..."

In our case, in our farmhouse, lack of money has been a Good Thing. Mostly. It means all the less for us to tear out and do over.

***

So just photos for now. The kitchen is calling me to paint another wall, and also, Tom and I are driving into our old town this afternoon for appointments and errands. Busy, busy.

And happy.


***

1 comment:

Saija said...

i like that quote ... about "Lack of money is often the best preserver of buildings..."

good one!

remember to sleep enough and eat well ... ((hugs))