Tuesday, July 15, 2008



I told you there was nothing like a country morning and well, there's nothing like a country afternoon, either.

That countryside silence! A yellow, warm type of Quiet surrounded by the flittings of birds and butterflies and bees. I was just out there pitching more hay and thinking of you who have written that you're enjoying my adventure. Trust me, I'd love each of you to be here with rake in hand beside me.

Like I said, I'm enjoying this.

--and learning as I go and from my own mistakes. Reading from my two favorite gardening books (Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots and Panty Hose, Hot Peppers, Tea Bags and More for the Garden), then skipping outside to try what I've just read. Farming by the book--wouldn't our neighbors hoot at that?

Oh, not all of this is one grand party. Uh, no. There's been stress in deciding what we should do first and in dealing with the ^&%$ insurance company (we wonder what our insurance agent gets paid to do because it seems Tom is doing all the work regarding the car accident). And I still---six weeks later--have driven up town just once by myself--and now only Tom is signed-up to drive the rental car (and often it's too sizzling to walk far). 

So I don't get out much.

Yet I remind myself to think upon what is going right--and there's much more of that, anyway. Almost always in anyone's life there's much more of that.

May we all remember.

***

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things..." Philippians 4:8


****

1 comment:

nancyr said...

Your barn/patio plans sound lovely.
What will you use the barn for?
Makes me want to get outside and paint my barn. We have the barn red paint, but I don't seem to have the ambition, in the near 100 degree temperatures in my part of the world.

When you are finished with all of your projects, you really will have your dream home!