Friday, September 15, 2006

Slowing Down--And Seeing


I take my morning walks and pass by bird feeders in yards tucked among flowers and stepping stones and curving pathways. I see people reading quietly on front porches and cats watching me from windows. Up high there are tiny second-story patios and intricate details along roof lines and sometimes even a weathervane. I see front doors painted in blues and greens and reds and brass mail slots cut into them. And I hear the soft tinkling of wind chimes hung along driveway gardens.

And it comes to me: When I walk these neighborhood streets, I see all the things I miss when I sail through them behind the wheel of my car.

And it comes to me that Life is that way, too... I sail through Life and miss so many lovely details which make Life even richer.

No comments: