Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering Another September 11th


I told you I'd been reading Sylvia's Farm, by Sylvia Jorrin. Here is a quote which touches on how I am feeling this day:

"But it is our obligation to enjoy all of the beauty that we are given in each moment and not succumb to the fear the terrorists so absolutely wish to instill."

Only God can truly create beauty out of ashes. But our part? We must release fear before our eyes can glimpse the new thing He's created out of the ashes of what used to be.

When I look at the world through His eyes, it appears as an entirely different place.

I want to look deeper--into hearts, rather than just faces. It's inside hearts where potential is stored and I prefer to stare at what can be rather than what is or once was. To learn from the past so the future will be better and to let lessons God help me move forward--

--with enough joy to hand out to others along the road. 

And may I live my days ready--prepared--for a Better Place if suddenly, the call comes to leave my day behind. Forever.


*****


"...the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3,4

No comments: