Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Prayer Request




"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6


******


When the Bible says 'everything', I like to think it means 'everything'.
When the Bible says 'all', I like to think it means 'all'.

Call me a wild and off-base Christian if you want, but that's what I believe.

Some bloggers say you should never pray for yourself.
Some say you should only pray for yourself if it involves a spiritual thing.
Others say you should only pray for yourself if you are dying.
And others say you should never pray for little things, only big things.
Some say you should never pray for little things while you are at church.
Some say you should never pray for material wants or needs.

Ackk! Let me off that merry-go-round.

Like I said, I believe in praying about everything.

And so right now I am going to ask you to pray for our cat, Lennon. He's the diabetic cat who I give shots to each day. The vet called this morning and said Lennon's blood numbers are horrible--through the roof. After all these weeks, they've only gotten worse, not better. After all those shots and all my attention to detail and trying to do everything just right and being brave and hopeful about the whole thing.

Lennon is the sweetest cat on earth. He can do tricks like a dog and he sits beside me on our porch steps. I love that cat. He is my buddy.

If you, too, believe that we can pray about anything, I would very, very much appreciate your prayers for Lennon.

Thanks.


******

No comments: