Friday, March 11, 2005

"Someday I'll--"


I used to say the word, "Someday," a lot.

"Someday when things get better, I'll--"
"Someday I hope this will change."
"Someday I'll be happy."
"Someday when I have a better house."
"Someday I'll have what I want."
"Someday when I have more money, I'll--"

I was a Happiness Procrastinator. Nearly everyday I put-off happiness until Someday.

Some Somedays came, but many Somedays never, ever arrived.

Things changed. No, I changed. Now, for me, Someday is too far away. Too vague, too iffy, too long to wait.

One day, years ago, I set-up an appointment with God to exchange my Somedays for Todays. Todays are great. More valuable. I love them so much better.

And now...

Today I choose to be happy.
Today I sow good seeds so that I will reap good Somedays.
Today I have all I really need, so I choose to be grateful.
Today I can let God change me, if even in just one little way.
Today is as bright as I make it.
Today my life is amazing simply because God loves me.

No more Happiness Procrastinating for me... I'm choosing Happiness today because Today is all I really have.

My ship has already come in-- it came in on the breezes and waves of my Yesterdays.

--My Yesterdays of appreciation and delight.


***
"If you want springtime ahead of time, then you must have it in your heart, out of reach of the weather..." ... Dallas Lore Sharp

No comments: