Tuesday, February 08, 2022

You Can Have Joy In 2022? Really?



"The joy of the Lord is my strength. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."   --- Nehemiah 8:10, Psalm 91:1


******


Okay, super-short version? 

Our move to Florida is out. We'd planned to avoid the heat/humidity by staying indoors, but then we discovered that meant May through October. 

Oh dear. I mean, I enjoy reading inside, but that's longer than even our must-stay-indoors Buffalo winters.

So! We're now researching our second choice and after a week, it's passing most tests and we're excited.

But may I please wait a week before revealing that state to you in case we change our minds? Already I've jerked you around by mentioning Florida and I don't wish to repeat that.


Yet I'll give you hints. It's a 'red state', the governor is terrific, the winters are milder and summer's humidity isn't ridiculous.

There you go.

And in the meantime? God's doing His very best to keep me calm and low-stressed during all this research. As long as I remain in that 'secret place' with Him (not there one day, then escaping the next), all shall be well. 

Within me, that is, no matter all the craziness of our world swirling around outside.



******


Which reminds me.

These past 2 covid years I've noticed that if one wishes to keep her joy, she must stay determined to do so.

People these days are out to snatch it!

But to remain in joy, in strength, she can't complain. Or blame. Or faint, frown or fear. No, she must abide hourly in the calm, peaceful knowing-God's-warmth place. 

Otherwise she just may sink beneath murky waters with other sad swimmers--and who wants to do that?






" ... and you will be above only, and you will not be beneath, if you listen and pay attention to the commandments of the Lord your God, which I am commanding you today, to observe them carefully."   --- Deuteronomy 28:13



"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"  --- Isaiah 26:3


Can't recall where I heard this, but I totally agree:

"Winds of change are on their way!"



******




Wow. I've seen tons of tiny houses, but this one is in the Top 5 best, most efficient designs.


******

Oh, and my friend, Dolores, asked to see my wish list at Amazon. She bought me two most delightful books, one which is this:



It's kinda Mary Poppins meets Mrs. Piggle Wiggle meets Anne of Green Gables. Loving it and thanks again so much, Dolores!


******







Need an upbeat reminder about aging? Here you go--

"Now no one can tell me I'm too young to know what I'm talking about."   --- Gloria Swanson




******






Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I well know that nowhere except Heaven is absolutely perfect but if it is the state I think it is, you'll love it, especially the west side.
The east side can still be fairly humid. We're heading there to visit this year for sure.
We definitely need a LOT of Grace right now. It's hard not to be a nervous wreck but I try to not watch news very much and that helps.
How nice of Delores to buy you books from your wish list. That was really sweet.
Take care my friend.
Blesssings and hugs,
Betsy

Pam said...

I think it must have taken me most of my life to realize the true meaning of joy. It's so much more than a feeling. For all of us who follow Christ, joy is that deep, abiding pleasure of knowing Jesus is our Everything. Our all in all. I used to read the "joy" verses in James and think, "this guy is nuts!" but those verses make sense to me now, at this stage of my life. Is it easy to hold onto joy? NO! It takes discipline (sometimes I just hate the "D" word!), but it is so worth it!

Oh Debra, I'm trying to think of which state you might be considering. One of the Carolinas maybe??? I thought of you guys last week, while reading an article about skyrocketing costs of property insurance in Florida. I guess it's even a challenge for some folks to find companies that will work with them, mainly due to the potential for bad weather.

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Can't wait to hear where you are moving to!
Lisa :O)