Saturday, January 09, 2021

In Case I Disappear


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."   ---2 Timothy 4:7


******


Yesterday was another 'shot heard 'round the world.' With rabid glee, some social media moguls shoved many conservatives off their platforms. Whoosh! Banned. Suspended. In some cases, gone forever.

Apple even threatened Parler, who allows everyone to speak, with not carrying the Parler app in their store (update: Apple followed through). Not enough censorship there, they declared. (Update: Google Play removed their Parler app., Amazon removed Parler from their web hosting. Good grief.)

And more, even more hatred is axing the free speech it despises, though the 'hiders' will not believe me. But after what I beheld yesterday, oh well. I know what I saw.

What was it? The beginnings of this:



Anyway. Don't get me started about the deepening cloak of deception upon our Country. That's for another day.

What I wanted to say now? If someday you click on my link and I'm gone, you receive an 'error message' instead, please don't worry. Ol' Debra will be feeling this:

Oh how grateful I am that, back in 2004, I started As I See It Now! That my heart got poured out there. That through me God shared tons of life-changing Bible verses and encouraged people through 3,400 posts. 
What a ride! What an adventure, indeed.


But yeah, I could have procrastinated a few years.
Let someone else write blog posts kinda like mine. 
Waited for a more perfect time or till my writing improved.
Hem-hawed about not being worthy or up to the responsibility.

You know, all that garbage stuff we tell ourselves while not fulfilling God's call upon our lives.

But in this one area at least, I feel only a pure joy of obedience, one which will enter Heaven along with me.

So hey, if this blog gets deleted by a cancel culture gone mad? It's all right. Nothing God does through us can ever be stolen or destroyed.

My story is safe in one of Heaven's books.

I won't be disappointed if this blog vanishes?! No, I'll have completed my mission. Given you things which no one can ever steal. Truths which, hopefully, will help you stand strong over your own adventure's remainder--

-- until you also enter through Heaven's glorious gates. So if we don't see each other before then? Let's meet over on the other side--and spin around in gladness for all eternity.





"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."   ---Ephesians 5:11


'Hiders' will never experience the mind-exploding joy of obedience that comes after fighting battles which exposed evil. They'll only have a mediocre sense of relief.


Oh, and I hope you're hanging in there with a godly spirit of expectancy! 



"Only vampires fear the light."   ---Bill Mitchell


******

Yesterday I joined Parler and already I love it!
I'll be phasing my way out of Twitter (on principle). Update: done.
At Parler I'm DebraL13. Come find me for more adventures!


Dan Bongino speaking about the present (and coming) censorship.

And here's Michael Knowles' take on it.


And here are more wonderful old updated films, these from 1895 to 1902.


And just for a smile:



"So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." ---John 16:22


"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

6 comments:

Kim Creasy said...

Bravo! Thank you for reminding me I am really not imagining things!😉

Sandi said...

It's not over...

Good to see Mario Murillo. I used to watch him on tv back in the day.

Betsy said...

Yes, Oh my! So many didn't believe that this would ever happen. I was in a group on FB called the Walkaway Campaign. Yesterday FB deleted all of the thousands and thousands of posts and life stories in that group. All because they walked away from the democrat party. I fear that life will never be the same here in the good old US of A.
I know who I believe in and He wil always be there. Praise God!
Blessings,
Betsy

elaine said...

Hi Debra its Elaine using Joes page. I have decided to permanently delete my facebook page. The censorship is too much and its wrong,for me anyway, to stay and let them think its okay. My email is still valid lest the take that too. Please keep the faith and if you have your blog on another venue please let us know, we both enjoy reading and gleaning.

Pam said...

I hope you never disappear, Debra, but we are definitely living in crazy times. I like what Betsy said, "I know who I believe" and it seems that's about the only thing I know for sure. But you know what? He is enough!

Debi @ Tuesdays Child said...

Debra, yes - you sure have been faithful with this blog and we love you and appreciate every single post you have written (and hopefully will continue to write!)

I'm with Pam (and all the other ladies) and hope that you never disappear. If you did, we'd know you were faithful and did your best but would as well be totally devastated! (Hugs)