Sunday, December 06, 2020

Lesson Learned? Er, We Shall See.




"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."   ---Romans 8:28


******


So last week I wrote this at Facebook--


Gracious! The Aldi guy delivered the wrong order. What a test! I probably got a C, what with sitting here and using the "I hate incompetence" phrase a few times. 😮
The person I chatted with online was a peach, though (and I treated him sweetly--mostly). Said we could keep the wrong groceries for free and we'd have $10 off when our real order gets delivered eventually by 'one of our best delivery people'.
Oh! And the wrong order came with a chocolate bar, chocolate chips and maple cream cookies, all items I never buy because Tom and I have no willpower. Er hem.
Uh, but now I totally forgive the Aldi delivery guy. シ


Man, I regret that I allowed this incident to royally annoy me.

I mean, I've got my excuses. Aldi delivery folks often leave wrong extra items. They forget things I asked for. And this time I needed to race upstairs and fix this fiasco online (I'd been cooking lunch), etc., but still, calming down, I realized this all worked for Tom's and my good, our benefit.

Free groceries!
$10 off our next order!
More groceries coming later in the day!

Gah, then I felt guilty.



Jumping to annoyance as default? Argh, I know better.

This entire 2020 I've not felt fearful, but oh Honey, I've majorly felt annoyed (covid this, riots that) and God's often pointed at that tendency and said, "That. Let's work on that." Yet have I cooperated with my whole heart, 'learned my lessons well?' Er, not exactly.

But there was more! If this had happened to a financially-struggling family, now they would have this bulging bag of free groceries, instead of Tom and I who are doing fine (thank-you, Lord).

Ooo, some lessons are painful. I complained about this?

So here's what God had me do so that next time I'll remember, represent Him better:


He told me to treat the online Aldi fix-it guy much kinder than my head was feeling.
He nudged me to carry the free gallon of milk (and later, the tiny tangerines and some lemons) over to Neighbor Sally.
Then He said, "Add $50 to your regular local food pantry donation."
And, "Next time, for heaven's sake, 'Pause! Breathe. Do not repeat things like, ' I hate incompetence! Why can't Aldi ever get the entire order right?'"


There will be a next time, you know. With Aldi, heck with Life, there always is. So may I remain wholly pliable within God's hand, so transparent, that all others see is His bright light making this dark world a bit brighter.





“Only when we face the impossible, and experience the unbearable, do we find out who we truly are.”
― Vironika Tugaleva


"Watch out for the joy-stealers: gossip, criticism, complaining, faultfinding, and a negative, judgmental attitude.” – Joyce Meyer


 "And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you ... that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not."  --- Deuteronomy 8:2,3


******




Last week I joined MeWe.

It's what I call, 'a kinder, gentler form of Facebook.' No ads, no posts scrapped because the site's owners hated them, no data shared with advertisers, etc.

The one problem? I only know 2 people who are posting anything. I've joined a couple groups, but still, it's like crickets mostly.

So. If you're at MeWe (or plan on joining) and you already know my last name? Look me up and make things livelier, ok? シ





(Be sure to notice that top level of the train without any kind of a railing--oh my! People really were made of stronger stuff back then. heh.)


******







Oh wow. He was hilarious.



******


Always leave room in your day for a miracle.



******


"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

We live. We learn. 🤣
No MeWe and Parker for me. Though I've often wanted to move to a remote island... It would only be a short while 'til these new sites became "polluted" by selfish opinions and speculations. SIGH.

Betsy said...

I have had a few friends invite me to MeWe but I have plenty of social media now. I'm trying to mostly avoid FB too.
I know what you mean with your Aldi's story. Every time I think I have tackled a bad or irritating habit, another one pops up from somewhere and hits me up aside my face! We are indeed works in progress. I think as long as we know that and are working on the things that need corrected, God is pleased. I sure do hope so! :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Ditto to the comments above. Just when I think I've turned the bend and gotten a handle on my attitude, God allows something to happen to test me and I often do poorly! I used to think when I got this age, I'd have those issues resolved. Nope! I, too, am still learning how to live.
Debra, I sure enjoyed the link that took us back to the 1890s. Isn't it amazing how well dressed they were?! I kept thinking of how women of that era did not have washers/dryers...I've got nothing to complain about!

Debra said...

Rebecca---oh bummer. It made me sad to read your comment, but I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share it here. Personally, I absolutely love all the ministry opportunities social media gives us to share the love of God!

Betsy and Pam--yes! As long as we keep obeying rather than giving up and saying, "Well, that's just the (pathetic) way I am," then God keeps working and we keep changing over time!

And Pam--I'm so glad you enjoyed that 1890's video and that you let me know!

Thanks so much, Everyone! Blessings, Debra