Friday, September 29, 2017

Some This. Some That.

1.) Here's an adorable kitchen I spied in a local house online for sale. It's so cute that I don't even mind there's no window over the sink --




Sweet, right? (Though, yes, I'm not a huge fan of black appliances,  either. But still.)


2.) Back in 2013 I bravely ventured over to WalMart and bought a sorry-looking daisy plant in a 4-inch pot. It was half-off and since I'm pretty good at resuscitating cheap, dried-up plants I placed it in my cart. I love white daisies and thought, if this one lived, it would make a  small, pleasant addition to our yard.

Oh. My. Goodness. Look what it has become --







The Daisies That Ate Tokyo (and 1/5 of my flower bed)! 😲  But they remind me that some things in Life begin tiny, yet given faithful care they become beautiful--and what they were meant to be.

Or -- "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin..."   ... Zechariah 4:10


3.)  Oh! Have you watched the new show, The Good Doctor? Tom and I both found it excellent and as it ended I wiped away tears. Really great pilot episode.





4.) Wow. Yesterday our weather was 20 degrees cooler and suddenly I felt 20 years younger(!) My, my, my. I mowed (most of) the lawn and raked and pulled weeds and used the watering can and vacuumed upstairs, even, and washed carpet spots and baked a blueberry dessert and made dinner and-- Well, you get it. 

We're even cooler today and oh how glorious to feel young and well again. Whew.


5.) So in my perusal of real estate online I've seen some strangely-painted rooms, but none ever quite like this one---



Hmm. Just hmm.  😉


6.) And now to erase that image from your eyes (and mind), here's a painting by Paul Gustav Fischer which I find positively perfect --




In fact, inside my head that's exactly how I look and live my days. (At least up there it's a whole lot easier to arrange things the way I prefer them.)

And for today, that is all.



******

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."   ... 1 Thessalonians 4:11,12


******


Oh my!  -- 





😅


******





******

2 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...

Your daisies are spectacular! And that label, oh boy!

Debra said...

Robin--so happy you enjoyed both of those! :) Blessings, Debra