Thursday, January 28, 2016

Who's Living In *Your* Guest Room?

Whew. I'm feeling better. Still coughing and needing to rest after, say, rinsing out a couple coffee mugs, but Life looks sunnier again. 

Appears I'll survive.  

And for those of you who wished me well and told me you were praying? May God bless you. Richly.


*******


A friend recently asked how I deal with difficult relatives. She knows I have a couple, ones who recall me as that silly young thing in the 1970's who made a few mistakes and is therefore, albeit 40 years later, still the Clueless, Moody, Mouthy One. Folks with whom about all we have in common is our eye color and DNA. 

What do I personally do regarding these people? Well, I picture my heart containing actual rooms, rather like this:







... and I put the unreasonable, could-easily-ruin-my-head folks into the tiniest guest rooms.


:)


Hey, they're still in there. Still loved. But they're not given a heck of a lot of space in which to do damage. Any harm is minimal.

When it comes to this stuff, here's an extremely important verse:


"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."  ... Proverbs 4:23 



God designed a marvelous, unique plan for each of us! But what a disaster if we reach Heaven never completing that plan because we let certain people make us nuts. And feeling too exasperated, insecure, frustrated and just plain no good, so that we floundered and got knocked-off God's path for us.

Never allow anyone to tear down what God spent years building inside you. Only let God within the largest, most important room within your heart.

And only allow His words to affect you, Him to lead you, even if others don't understand.




******


"Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home."   ... Mark 6:4


Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." ...Matthew 22:37,38







******


Tom and I thought the first two new episodes of The X-Files positively flew by. We've so enjoyed the return of Mulder and Scully.


******


Here are some free (as of today) Kindle books.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Debra, so glad to hear that you're feeling better. Isn't it simply glorious to wake every day, feeling stronger and healthier? Heavens, I even enjoyed being able to clean the bathrooms today (not usually my favorite chore). I also wanted to tell you that I appreciate that visual of our hearts being divided into rooms with the not-so-pleasant-ones in our lives being kept in perspective. I'm latching onto that way of thinking. Enjoy your recovery!

Anonymous said...

Hey Debra, so very sorry you have been feeling so utterly cruddy. I'm a little late to the party, but will still send up prayers for you to feel like your normal perky self, real soon!!! My hubby is coming down with a cough/cold now and wow, I'm praying I don't get it (oh yes, and that he'll feel better real soon too). Sunshine and blessings to you my friend!!