Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Every Day? Really?



"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" ...Psalm 107:1


******


For 330 days I've procrastinated telling you something(!)

(Is that a record or something? Good grief.)

Anyway, on January 1st, I named 2015 my personal Year of Thanksgiving. I wanted to major in grateful thoughts and minor in (like, almost never) complaining.

And what a life-changing year it's been! Mostly I'm surprised at the 'little' things I can, in 10 seconds flat, become all wildly-loopy-thankful for, appearing rather like this on the inside:





Things like: 

Sunshine pouring through my south-facing windows.
Twigs falling from our trees on windy days. Gathering them for future campfires.
Feeling excited to get out of bed, even at 4:30 a.m., anticipating learning new living off-grid ideas and listening to Christians talk about how God is moving on Earth today.
A crockpot meal which makes Tom or I exclaim, "Oh, this is soo good!"
A gleaming fire-orange sunset that stops me at the kitchen window.
A new episode of a favorite tv show.
A comment at my blog. Or Facebook. Just knowing anyone reads what I write(!)
When Tom and Naomi arrive home safely from work or wherever.


Oh my. When your every day spills over with gratitude? You don't need vacations or new shoes or to lose weight or collect more money or find a new hairstyle, friend or appreciation from the masses. Or a bigger house, car or shopping mall.

You just need God. And for him to open your eyes to see how incredibly He blesses you, so that every day feels like Thanksgiving.

But happy Thanksgiving to those who faithfully pause to read here on this day we set aside to super-celebrate it!   







******



To my fellow-preppers-- here's a new website for you:  Survivopedia.

And here is a list of 50 Prepper Blogs.

So many cool ideas! So little time.   :) 



******


"Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day". ~Robert Caspar Lintner


******






2 comments:

Diana said...

AMEN!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

That is wonderful Debra! We can always find something to be grateful for!