Friday, September 03, 2010

Of Catbirds and a Scientist



A huge thanks to Kristi for identifying our mystery blue bird of the summer! Turns out it's a grey catbird. Perhaps the males or females are more blue than the other because we've seen a grayish-blue one (as in this photo) and one a deeper, charcoal blue. Anyway, they are beautiful birds!


God certainly is creative. Just think of all the birds He made.


Speaking of which, Mr. Stephen Hawking, I think you are an educated dweeb.

So there.

2 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Oh, good, I hoped it was a catbird. I love them and their ability to mimic other sounds (like a cat's meow) make them quite fascinating.

My mother loved birds and actually had a cardinal that would eat from her hand, and she especially loved catbirds and Baltimore oriels. But really, all birds, I think.

I feel really blessed to have lived all my life in places with great natural beauty and the change of seasons.......It is so healing!

Dapoppins said...

beautiful bird, and I agree about that scientist guy being a bird-brain.