Friday, June 25, 2010

Of Spinach Posts And The People Who Read Them



Very occasionally I've received emails sounding rather like this:

"Hey Debra, you might not remember me but I used to read your blog all the time and I left you a few comments. But then I stopped reading your blog because, well, I hated you. And hated what you wrote. Of course, that was because I knew your words were right, but I just didn't want to hear them anymore because I wanted to do what I wanted to do. But that hasn't worked out too well so now I'm back. Just wanted you to know."

Honestly? I love those emails. They bless my socks off and make me laugh.

Why? Because I serve up a whole lot of spinach around here. Liver, peas and carrots, too. You know, grow-up-and-stop-complaining stuff. Stuff which God has to drill into my head and heart, like, a zillion times, until I finally get it, accept it.

And for those of you who have stayed with me all these years (or gone and then returned again) I want to thank-you and sayif you've hung around this place very long, well, you must be wanting to die to self and grow to deeper places in God, too. For as I said, I serve lots of spinach and liver in between my cake and pie posts. And trust me, not everybody likes those spinach posts, but I'm always blessed when they--when you--read and ponder them anyway, year after year.


*********

"Deep calleth unto deep... " ... Psalm 42:7


*****

3 comments:

Sara said...

Spinach,peas, carrots and the occassional pie? Sounds like a balanced diet to me!

Donetta said...

:) all depends on how it is prepared girl. Some have a finer appetite for the things that feed the bones.

debi said...

I've never been a picky eater....I love it all...even the stuff that's hard to swallow.
I appreciate you, Debra :)