Friday, June 25, 2010

Of Spinach Posts And The People Who Read Them

Very occasionally I've received emails sounding rather like this:

"Hey Debra, you might not remember me but I used to read your blog all the time and I left you a few comments. But then I stopped reading your blog because, well, I hated you. And hated what you wrote. Of course, that was because I knew your words were right, but I just didn't want to hear them anymore because I wanted to do what I wanted to do. But that hasn't worked out too well so now I'm back. Just wanted you to know."

You might think those kinds of emails bother me, but honestly? I love them. They bless my socks off and make me laugh.

Why? Because I realize I serve up a whole lot of spinach around here. Liver and peas and carrots, too. You know, grow-up-and-stop-complaining stuff. Stuff which God has had to drill into my head and heart, like, a zillion times, until I finally got it, accepted it, and let it become a part of me so that I could stop stumbling around, bumping into brick walls and find peace, instead.

And for those of you who have stayed with me all these years (or gone and then returned again) I want to not only thank-you, but let you know that , if you've hung around this place very long, well, you must be wanting to die to self and grow to deeper places in peace--and in God. For as I said, I serve lots of spinach and liver in between my cake and pie posts. And trust me, not everybody likes those spinach posts, but I'm always blessed when they--when you--read and ponder them anyway, year after year.


*********

"Deep calleth unto deep... " ... Psalm 42:7

3 comments:

Sara said...

Spinach,peas, carrots and the occassional pie? Sounds like a balanced diet to me!

Donetta said...

:) all depends on how it is prepared girl. Some have a finer appetite for the things that feed the bones.

debi said...

I've never been a picky eater....I love it all...even the stuff that's hard to swallow.
I appreciate you, Debra :)