Monday, October 03, 2005

The Saga Continues...




I'd better post something before you wonderful readers move on to more prolific pastures (blogs). I have missed being here and seeing your bright, shiney faces.

My parents arrived on Saturday (yes, Saija. They are here already). ツ 

We're having a great time, though we've not seen Tom much since this is his weekend for graveyard shifts so he sleeps all day. But I've driven my parents around most of our town and they're enjoying all the old houses. We even hit a yard sale in one of the loveliest old neighborhoods and were able to walk into just about the most amazing glassed-in porch we'd ever seen. It curved around the house and all the glass was in individual panes which looked out onto a tiny forest. Loved that.

We even went curb shopping. All our guests from out-of-state love to have us take them curb shopping after they've seen the amazing finds scattered around our house. But usually our friends like Tom or I to jump out of the car to pick out treasures lining the curbs (I wonder why? Heh...heh). Yet my parents thought it great fun to get out and search for themselves. They even tried talking me into taking all sorts of stuff, but I told them to wait until they see our upstairs room first and then they'd understand why my mantra is now, "Just say no!". Our big room upstairs is stuffed and jammed with unfinished projects which we've rescued from the curb. My 'Someday I'll Get to This Stuff' stuff.

("Just say no! Just say no!").

Today is my mom's birthday and while Tom sleeps I'll drive my parents to our local big-time vacation destination spot (I'll keep you guessing as to what that is). Then we'll return, drag Tom out of bed and then visit with Naomi and her cats in her new apartment.

Busy, busy, busy.

But I did want to say hello. And that I'm still here. And that I'm still thinking about you.

I'll pop in here each time I have a chance--this Blogland is rather my second home. Or perhaps, a second world for me. And it's a lovely place to belong.


******

No comments: