Thursday, October 06, 2005

Alone Time






Oh my. I am remembering how much I love and need and crave Alone Time. I'm more of a loner than I already knew. 

Not getting my daily dose of hours alone, I'm seeing how much my Alone Time keeps me sane. Normal. Not only normal, but downright contented, happy and at peace.

My lack of Alone Time shows up everywhere--it's like I am springing leaks over every part of my body. It's as though the real me is draining away.

And I miss her.

But you should watch me sneak away. I've been hiding (a tad) during these days of my parents' visit, but I'll need to get away more often--I've not been alone enough. 

I have not swallowed enough Alone Medicine.

Please, never apologize for needing or loving Alone Time, ok? The need to apologize should, I think, lean more toward not spending enough time alone. Or feeling guilty about it.

But whatever. For me, I'll never again take my Alone Time for granted, but rather, celebrate, splash around in it, then sit back and sip and savor it.

God makes us the way we are for a reason and if we'll just cooperate--just admit (and live like) He knows best and we know nothing-- it will all come together.

And we will find it good.



******

No comments: