Tuesday, February 28, 2023

A Different Sort of This And That


"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever."  ---Psalm 107:1


*******


Last week? Celebratory. Finally my energy returned (!) and after carrying a bag of clutter and also this 'Simply Fit board'--


                                        (minus the arm bands)


--to the Salvation Army drop-off, I didn't even feel weary. Oh and yeah, ol' Debra no longer believes it's wisdom for her to twist around upon that green thing. Other forms of exercise still exist, though, she reminds herself.

Anyway, may I forever recall this deep, joyous gratitude of our having survived covid. Truly God can bring good out of dreary, renewed strength from extreme weakness and a clear head out of fogginess.

And all that during February? Surely that's saying something. ツ

My hearing's improved a bit, but guess who (while lecturing herself not to feel old) purchased hearing aids? I mean, in time, the infection will clear and the tinnitus will return to its normal 3 phones ringing rather than 6, but since a child, I've grown used to the ringing. Some folks never do. Yikes.

So a special thanks to all youtubers who are helping me via their let's-fix-your-ear-problem videos and to God for reminding me that, if I truly believe He'll heal me, I'll not obsess over this. Oh that temptation!

And lest I become one of those folks speaking only of their ills, let's move on. (Pul-ease, right?)

Last night our neighbor brought over a still-warm loaf of homemade bread. Oh my! What a treat and an obvious reaping of the good Naomi, especially, has sown into his and his sister's life.

And wow, the thick layer of ice outside! I can't even chip away at it now. Fortunately 6 days ago I cleared two small sections outside our doors, but even so, Tom and I did not order food delivery on our Saturdate. Why risk someone slipping? Instead, I made spaghetti (easy), my favorite food (yes, seriously).  ツ

Thankfully not every winter brings thick ice which refuses to melt and how grateful I am that we need not travel from Hobbit Cottage where life is sweet, no matter how the world's behaving

And not every year brings the same trials to any of us--none last forever and God, always, loves and heals us through them. Remember that.





What a blessing during my recovery February to discover videos like these --






The Great Chicago Fire: A Chicago Stories Documentary  (It wasn't Mrs. O'Leary's cow!)  ツ






These two books:





And this film (which ok, was predictable, but much better than I'd hoped)--











"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."   --- Philippians 4:6,7


*******



Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I think we have been very blessed this year to have a fairly mild weather-wise winter. It's been in the 40's, and yes, even a 50 degree day sprinkled in and around. I'm glad you are all on the mend. I'm still struggling with no voice. It's been over two weeks and although Dennis is probably enjoying that, Ha, I'm ready to be well again.
God is good though. Even though I haven't been able to go to church for a few weeks, I am so very grateful for services online.
Take care my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Pam said...

Debra, I, too, am thanking God for His faithfulness to heal us. I'm finally feeling myself after a rough month. Very happy to hear that your sickness is behind you, too. Although I wouldn't choose to be sick, there is something to be said about the sheer joy one feels when your strength has been restored.

Hoping your ice and snow melt quickly!

BTW, I loved seeing the New York City walk-up, but cannot imagine going up and down 5 flights of stairs. Wow!! It really is lovely tho.