Monday, November 21, 2022

Today? Just Cozy Things.




Did that huge snowstorm squash us? 

Nah. That happened in the Buffalo southtowns and they get snow even in summer. Well, kinda.  ツ But lots of friends checked up on us and that was sweet. Thank-you!

We received less than a foot and here's a glance from this morning's sunrise:


So here we are all cozy inside Hobbit Cottage and both Tom and Naomi have the week off. (Ol' Debra seldom takes time off, but she loves her job so it's ok.) 

Anyway, I stepped from room to room taking photos for you of some creativity happening 'round here. What a treat to discover I'd made a mistake in assuming I'd finished decorating our small house! (Extremely helpful hint: never assume anything!)

So here are a few peeks:


Upstairs in Debra's World:


I made a reading nook and this sits beside it, providing me a place to set cocoa and snacks. And finally I found the perfect spot for that Cherry Jeffe Huldah print.



And here's my oh-so-comfortable reading nook. Plenty of spots to place my books, reach for more, and also from there I view Youtube videos. I do have to watch my head at first when sitting, but after that, I feel as though I'm curled inside a hug.


Finally I reframed Eunice in Pink (as I call her. We discovered her family's history in photos on the curb decades ago. She and her sisters, Esther and Alice, are framed in my kitchen window). Her glass inside a cheap gold frame cracked years ago and finally she looks perfect. To me, anyway. (Lighting issues. I know.)  ッ


Also, super-finally I framed this Maxfield Parrish card a friend gave me in the 90's. Hey, these things take time. Heh.


Downstairs:

Why I'd never decorated the back of this post, I don't know. This month I added the Victorian doorbell cover and the newly-framed Randi Lynn Reed prints. (This is beside my kitchen counter's end.)


More Randi Lynn Reed art is beside our front door.


And Bunny Williams who I recommended in my last post? She reminded me about stacking coffee table books. So I added them to the clock top. (My camera washed out the deeper green of the wall.)


Blurry City due to low light, but last month I bought these tassles. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy them.


Oh! And remember when, ages ago, we bought our red couch? It's held up really well, except for the arm tops. They'd actually turned grey and worn-looking. Finally--finally--I thought to buy arm covers (here) and wow, I'm thrilled they almost make the couch appear new again.

What a wonderful feeling to fix things! Especially when it involves casting away procrastination and, instead, choosing a hope-filled sort of active creativity.

Highly recommended.


******


Tom and I so enjoyed the new A Christmas Story Christmas movie! What a joy that many of the original cast returned. The last half hour was perfection.






******


Oh! And Miranda Mills created two lovely holiday book recommendation videos (just listening to her British accent is alone a treat). I especially took lots of notes from her second video here.

My overall list of books to read is now officially Enormous!








******



Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Pam said...

Whenever I see weather reports for Buffalo, I think of you, Debra. Glad you're doing well. I think your reading nook looks so welcoming and comfortable. I'd probably never want to leave that room! It's a blessing to be able to create something new in our homes. I hope you, Tom and Naomi enjoy this week together and have a very blessed Thanksgiving! xo

Betsy said...

Your reading nook looks so comfy and cozy. I'm sure glad you didn't get completely buried last weekend. I remember watching and praying that you wouldn't have to deal with the worst of it.
Love all of your decorating ideas and the beuty that shows in each spot.
Reading about the British accent reminds me of our daughter-in-love. She reads books to our little granddaughter and sometimes videos them for us so it's "almost" like being there. Anyway, her voice and accent make me want to have her promise to "read" me all of my books. She's a great reader of Baby "J's" stories to her.
Blessings,
Betsy