Monday, November 07, 2022

Healing Time City




"Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security."   --- Jeremiah 33:6


*******



So what do you do during your healing times? 

These past two weeks were Healing Time City around here for me. You know, after that scary incident in our yard.

And what I love is--with Jesus sitting beside me--it's all good. Oh, the feeling of concern and love and warmth He pours into my heart during Healing Time.

What kinds of things does He lead me to do within this waiting room type of time? Just simple things:


Extra quiet time staring out windows (how incredible when I behold Autumn out there).
Listening to the Holy Spirit's whispers of comfort.
Gratitude counting.
Playing dreamy music.
Dreaming of the good ahead.
Remembering the good of my earlier years.
Basking in favorite rituals, like, watching Sunday afternoon football with Tom and Naomi, each in our week-after-week spot.

And also:

Fixing things. Using my hands to make forward-feeling accomplishments.
Reading comfort books. Searching for new ones, as well.
Viewing happy, contented people on Youtube.
Watching favorite old movies or tv shows.

And ok. For the first time in years, I did order, from Aldi, a box of chocolate Pop Tarts. シ


Oh, what a joy to follow God! Even while He binds up our wounded heart we can feel His warm, restoring love making all things new, even better--

--so that we can then offer to others the healing we, ourselves, have known by divine experience.






There does arrive a time of healing, times to stay alone with God within our closed-off walls of comfort. But is that meant to become our lifestyle? Uh, no. But rather this is--


 "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light...
let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."   --- Luke 11:33, Matthew 5:16


Far and wide, spread the light God has placed within you!




******



Wow, just when I thought I'd discovered all the best autumn-loving ladies (tsk, tsk to abandon hope) at Youtube, I found her. So peaceful, like coming away from hours at a spa.


And oh my! After watching this video together, Tom and I had to yank ourselves back to 2022. Vintage train cars as you've never seen them before.


... and Ariel completed another home project!


******


Cute Idea, right?--




Taking time off for healing is vital. I've watched too many folks pile hurt upon hurt upon hurt and oh dear. Their heads and hearts become clouded, heavy, sometimes swirling down, splat!, in a hard-to-come-back-from spiral.



Your healing times don't resemble others'? That's ok. What matters most is that you come away knowing this happened to your heart--

"Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved..."   --- Jeremiah 17:14


******




Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm so glad you are taking the time to heal. You're right. Comfort can be found in many places. But using time wisely to examine and then rid ourselves of hurtful issues is very needed thses days especially.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

In this life not much is absolute, but one thing I know for sure is that God is the only One who can truly heal us. Others try to cheer us up and encourage that things will be fine, but God knows exactly how to fix us. You are wise to journey to Healing Time City (love that) and stay as long as it takes. Praying for you, Tom, and Naomi. xoxo