Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Popcorn For Dinner--Or--November This And That



1.) Months ago Tom and I stopped eating dinner. You know, an evening meal. 

It's like we can't(!) We sleep horribly if we do. So now our main meal is at noon, then around 4:00 pm I might, for myself, make popcorn the old-fashioned way. Or perhaps a corndog. Or I'll have a little dish of vanilla yogurt. Or a slice of peanut butter toast.

Tom? Nearly always he has Greek vanilla yogurt with a bit of frozen fruit, granola and nuts sprinkled over it. 

We both sleep much better. Much. Better. (My main point here? Keep seeking until you find what works for you. Never give-up early!)




2.) This is an odd movie recommendation, but here you go--

Last night we watched a 2021 movie, one based on a true story of an English artist: The Electrical Life Of Louis Wain. Benedict Cumberbatch (as always) was incredible and we liked this rather-old-fashioned-type film. 

But I cannot recommend it if:

You are close to anyone with mental illness.
You're feeling depressed.
You're experiencing problems with relatives.
You hate cats.  シ

Just a tiny smattering of language, but the mental disorder stuff is the real 'problem'. Yet Tom and I, overall, enjoyed this film, especially the moments with Louis and Emily.



3.) I found this fascinating reading:  Inside The Oldest Farmhouse In Manhattan. My, my, my. I'm shocked it's still there.

If you'd rather, you can watch a video about it here.


4.)  I shared this at Facebook:

"When you start to feel like things should have been better this year, remember the mountains and valleys that got you here. They are not accidents, and those moments weren't in vain. You are not the same. You have grown and you are growing. You are breathing, you are living, you are wrapped in endless, boundless grace. And things will get better. There is more to you than yesterday."
― Morgan Harper Nichols




5.) Autumn. A lovely time for dreaming outdoors.




6.) Having trouble finding canned pumpkin? Remember, you can always make your own pumpkin filling from the pumpkins you've used as decor. It's easy. Here's a recipe.

These are the kind of days, I believe, when we need to retrain our thinking this way. Don't have something? Need it? Can't buy it? Make it.


7.) Here's something I find helpful: At Facebook I joined a page called Word Of The Day. Each morning on our homepage we receive a new word with its definition. So easy and as I stated, helpful. Love it!


8.) Now, here's a great verse for these crazy days of ours:



9.) If you like neutral farmhouse decor, this video will certainly scratch that itch, perhaps forever. heh. ツ 10 Antique Farmhouse Home Decor Tours.


10.) Oh, and regarding our Country? Hang in there! Good things are happening now and are coming ahead.

(I hope you've found a few folks 'in the know' who encourage you. Dr. Steve Turley is one guy who can find a positive spin for anything and Tom and I have felt grateful for him this past year.)

God bless the encouragers!














Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Pam said...

My husband and I have to eat the same way you and Tom do. Otherwise, we don't rest worth a hoot! It's helped us to lose a few pounds, too. I like being able to get my dishes done and kitchen cleaned up earlier in the day, too. Thanks for the links, Debra! Interesting.

Betsy said...

Hello! I'm really late to the computer today. We rarely eat anything at all after 7:00 and always have dinner at 5:00. I ate a piece of pizza at Bible Study at 6:30 tonight and it's almost 11:00 and I'm still miserable. One piece!
I was at Walmart today and they had LOTS of pumpkin. Several different can sizes. Last week they had none! Still no turkeys. I'm glad I bought ours several weeks ago.
Take care my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy