Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas Gifts For My Readers



Merry Christmas to you, my much-appreciated readers! Thank-you for faithfully reading here year after year--seriously! Your faithfulness and encouragement mean much to me.








******


1.) Oooo this video with Christmas music and beautiful snowy scenes will delight many of you, especially those who wish they lived in snow country. Truly, a delight. (You'll find many more at Youtube.)

2.) I've discovered there's still clean comedy out there(yay!)  Brian Regan is a new favorite comedian as well as Dennis Regan. Also check out Dry Bar Comedy at Youtube for other mostly-family-friendly comedians.

(Finding these reminded me to never assume anything--that can be bad or good--is all bad these days.)

3.) For free printable gift tags go here. You'll find others here.






4.)  Open Library-- this free library site has saved this reader lots of money in 2019! Bless them.  シ

5.)  For a free Jiffy baking mix recipe book by mail, go here.

6.) Oh my! I've seen many tiny houses, but this one I loved, even without all the colors I usually prefer. This tiny house also, is beautiful in its cottage-simplicity and oh! Just now found this one, complete with all the colors I love.






7.)  Okay, now this film was 'vintage quirky' at its finest. Tom and I enjoyed watching The Grange Fair: An American Tradition, even tho' the townsfolks' rabid interest in the fair flabbergasted us. (Free with Prime.)

8.) In the mood to read some short Christmas stories? Go here.

9.)  And go here if you enjoy getting free stuff of all kinds by mail.






10.) Here's a gift I gave myself: I wrote a list titled, Improvements Made In 2019. Surprised me how many changes I/we made around our house, including creating better habits. Try this bit of encouragement for yourself, ok?

11.) Many heart-warming, folks-are-still-kind-and-creative videos await you here.

12.)  Okay, these aren't free, but I thought they were pretty--and ordered some. Winter Berries Stamps. State and County Fair Stamps.





13.)  For a free issue of Good Old Days Magazine, click here.

14.) Too cool! This Youtube video shows you quick recipes using ground beef. No measurements are given, which, after cooking for 40+ years, is what I prefer, actually. ("Man, just give me the basics. I'll take it from there.")  シ

15.) Being a fan of Home Alone, I must share this Google ad again! 






16.) This video about a crow and a cat was like an early peek of Heaven(!) What a rare, rare thing.

17.)  For old times' sake you can read my Christmas post about Rudolph, here, and the silly one about holiday yard decor, here.





18.) Once again, got my green onions set up for winter snipping. I just placed them on my kitchen window sill in water like this--






19.)  For 40 years I've often made this so-easy, one-pan-meal from a recipe Tom's mom gave me (I've tweaked it and you easily can, also. Nothing is exact.). We (almost) never tire of this.  ッ


Pan Style Enchiladas


12 corn tortillas
3/4 lb. ground beef (or cut-up cooked chicken)
1/2 cup salsa (or less, to taste)
3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes (or fresh, from blender)
1/2 of 7 oz. can diced chilies
1/4 cup diced onion (any type)
1/2 can corn (or equal amount frozen)
8 (or so) black olives
onion powder (to taste)
chili powder (to taste), optional
a few drops hot sauce 
1 cup shredded cheddar (or any) cheese
cooking oil of your choice


In large frying pan, tear up tortillas into bite-sized pieces in hot oil. Remove tortilla pieces, set aside, cover.

Place ground beef in pan, add onions, season with onion and chili powders and hot sauce. Brown, drain.

Add tortilla pieces to pan with cooked beef. Stir. Add remaining ingredients, including more hot sauce to taste (if you wish). Cover, heat over low setting for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Add more tomatoes or salsa if all tortillas aren't evenly coated). Top with shredded cheese. Add sour cream if you wish and enjoy!



20.)One of my all-time favorite Bible verses? This one--





---and in 2020, may each of us experience many of those times of refreshing!














******





And repeat after me:  "This year I refuse to let December make me crazy!" 😏






******






Oh! Nearly forgot. Here's the TCM Remembers 2019. Bittersweet as always.

And one more treat: Here are some vintage radio shows for Old Time's sake. Enjoy!






******

And lastly, for animal lovers--









******





                                                                             🎀


"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

6 comments:

Elizabeth Savage said...

Debra, I will enjoy this over and over !

Betsy said...

Merry Christmas Debra! You gave us lots of gifts for Christmas this year. :-) . It will take me awhile to actually check out all of those links. Thank you!
I'm wishing you and Tom a wonderful Christmas remembering the birth of our Saviour.
Blessings,
Betsy

Rebecca said...

Merry Christmas! What generosity and inspiration here! 🎄 Thank you.

Pam said...

Merry Christmas to you, Debra! Thank you for the lovely gifts that you shared with us. I've already started checking each of them out! I could hardly believe the story of the crow and kitten--amazing. I'll be sharing that with hubby and my kids. You always find such heartwarming items, and it encourages me. Thank you for your kindnesses to us, all year long, and especially at this time of year. Bless you, Tom, and Naomi!

Debi @ Tuesdays Child said...

Merry Christmas Debra, to you and your family. And, thank you for the lovely gifts ... I sent a link to myself for the open library (do they have Kindle books or ones you can read on Kindle in that library?)

I haven't had time yet to go to the site and really check things out but I'm loving the idea of saving $ by using it so will check it out ASAP.

I love some the images you shared (especially the one that is your all-time favorite bible verse!) Then too, I really loved the one of the family caroling together as well.

Have a fabulous Christmas and thank you for your wonderful posts all through the year, we really appreciate them ... and YOU! (Hugs)

Debra said...

Elizabeth--thanks so much for letting me know and I'm glad you're enjoying the gifts!

Betsy-- hope you've had time to enjoy these. :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Rebecca--merry Christmas to you! I'm happy these gifts inspire you. <3

Pam--I so appreciate your kind words! And I'm glad you were as tickled by the crow and cat as I was. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Debi--Yes, Open Library does have some books that are also available on Kindle, so that's been fun. I try to remind myself to visit Open Library first whenever I consider buying another book. It's surprising how many books they've had that I would've had mailed to me (at a price) otherwise. I'm glad you liked the images and merriest of Christmas wishes to you!

Thanks so much, Everyone, and especially for reading here so faithfully! Blessings, Debra