Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Lately Thoughts



"There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."  ...Proverbs 12:18


******


Gracious. Go turning your head toward your dining room windows and zoom! Nine whole days go by since your last blog post.

Anyone else over the age of 50 noticing that sort of thing? 

Like on Monday, Tom and I realized nearly 20 years have passed since we visited with a certain group of friends. Almost 20 years? No! No way. (Insert brains spinning like tops, here.) 

But yes, it was. After we stopped the mind-spin, we did the math.

I'm still attempting to get used to this stuff.




******




Spring finally arrived! I went bursting out the back door and giddily raked leaves and retrieved my shovel from the garage then push! Dug it deep into the compost.

But before that, some folks intimated at Facebook, "Winter is always this long, so buck-up Private!" But no. Wrong. Bzzzz. Here in Buffalo we experienced more snowy days in April than we had since 1961 and not since 1943 did it take us this long to reach 60 degrees(!)

Probably your own snow-country area broke similar records. 

Also, just before Spring came bearing her daffodils, my favorite morning radio folks said "Some people are really suffering with this eternal-feeling winter," which made me recall the Winter Pollyannas and I thought of this--


Effective encouragers don't get flippant. And if they love Winter? They don't brag to the Winter-weary, but rather, try hard to imagine their angst. Then proceed with love.


And although God's helped me greatly, I still must often ask Him to remind me of this:


If we are strong where others are weak (in any area), may we ask for extra sensitivity. And perhaps a button for our lips.  😉











"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry..."   ... James 1:19


"We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check."   ... James 3:2




******



Forgot to mention that, while Tom was away on business, I enjoyed watching the ice flow down our river from our windows (or those of the coffee shop) or on my walks. 

There's just something mesmerizing about the slow way white ice floats upon the blue water.


Not my photo, but yeah, it looked just like that.




******



A verse especially fitting for Springtime, right? --






******






2 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh Debra! Spring has finally sprung here this week too! I'm so excited. We even opened the trailer up last weekend in blustery 35 mph winds. And this weekend? This weekend we're going camping! Winter was never ending, but this weekend the cherry blossoms are finally blooming around town, although the lilacs are still in hiding. They've usually been out for weeks by now.
Thank you for your happy post today and I know what you mean about time. We've been in this house 16 years in July. I just cannot believe it. I'm shocked.
Have a wonderful afternoon my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Debra said...

Hi Betsy! How was your camping trip? Must've been wonderful to celebrate the arrival of Spring that way. <3 Hope you had a lovely, relaxing time, my friend! Blessings, Debra