Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Sending You on a Field Trip Today...




"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”   ... Esther 4:14


******



I may lose even more readers by linking to this article.

But that's all right. My need to share it (and similar truths) far outshines my need for higher blog stats and being liked. Obedience is better than sacrifice, after all, even if it doesn't always feel good, especially when friends wander away, waiting for you to 'get over your prepper phase.'

But Michael's brave words mirror exactly what's swirls around my heart's depths every day. And the courageous remnant he speaks of? I want to be part of that inspiring group. May the choices we all make bring us to the right places at the right times.

Anyway. Read what I'm talking about, so often thinking about, here.

And be encouraged.



******






Oh, and to make something clear after my previous posts--Tom and I are also Last Days Prepping for our neighbors.

We've bought extra food for them.
Extra first aid items. Candles. Cleaners. Water.
And we plan to give extra hope when we share the survival basics we're now learning (with delight). 
Oh, and Bibles. I bought a box of Bibles to give to those who'll be searching for answers.

We are not hiding, fearful, thinking only of ourselves. Uh, no. The opposite! It's actually been a few years since I've felt this full of purpose and excitement to get out of bed every morning.

And dare I say it? I'm feeling such anticipation about seeing the troubling days foretold by Jesus so very long ago.

(And since that doesn't make sense to 'the natural mind', I'm thinking God is suspiciously somewhere involved in it.)   :) 


******






"Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”   ... Luke 21:28


******


15 Food Storage Mistakes that New Preppers Make

Enjoy being 'in the know' about what's happening in our world as it compares to the Bible? Go here for hundreds of short Christian videos showing 'behind the scenes, you won't hear this everywhere' stuff.


******



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debra, the article you linked to says it all SO WELL. I think all my life probably, I've been told we are living in the "last days". My mom used to tell me that, and yet back then the world was NOTHING like it is now. Mom is happy in heaven now, safe in the arms of Jesus, but if she can, she's looking down with utter sadness at the state of today's world. Some people will laugh at the suggestion that we are being punished in a sense by God, for turning away.... but if you believe the Bible as I do, it's been clearly documented before - what happens to a people or society who turn away from God's goodness. To be the Remnant, what a wonderful goal for us as believers. Thanks for sharing this insightful post today!

Pam said...

Debra, I never understand why some people are so vehemently opposed to preppers. REGARDLESS of when it happens, it only makes good sense for people to be prepared for difficulty. Most of us pay out tons of money for health and property insurance for the simple reason that we want to be "covered in the event of loss." Plus, there's very little potential loss because all of the edibles can be rotated and eaten. Although it costs to purchase back-up heat, water, health supplies, etc., those expenditures are a drop in the bucket compared to what most of us spend on nonessentials (I spend money every month to watch lots of tv stations, internet/phone, eating out/take-out meals, etc.). I just don't understand the negativity. Hang in there, Debra.

Debra said...

Susan--you're so welcome and I've appreciated how you and I have shared ideas and thoughts via email and Facebook about all this. I thought Michael's post stated so beautifully what's happening right now. And yes! I also recall those days from decades ago thinking the world was so bad and surely Jesus was returning any minute. It's wild how now those days look like a picnic, right? :) Thanks again for your encouragement!

Pam--so true! And thanks for backing me up on this whole thing of living a prepared lifestyle without apology. To me it's simple wisdom to be ready for anything in our unstable world and it saddens me when people see it as foolishness--the opposite of wisdom-- instead. Thanks for your kind words which also made me smile and feel greatly encouraged!

Thanks, Ladies! Blessings, Debra