Saturday, January 02, 2016

2016. It's Gonna Be Interesting.

"Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed." ...Romans 13:11


*****


Ok, this is getting ridiculous.

For two days I've attempted writing this post, but it's like I keep hearing Charlie Brown whine, "No, no, no. It's all wrong."

See? Crazy.

My thoughts regarding 2016 come out sounding rather bleak. Yet they're not--exactly. Actually I believe 2016 will be wildly interesting and the kind of challenging that makes us cling to God--and not let go. And that's a good thing. 

It's just this sowing and reaping thing regarding the United States has me jumpy. Wow, what this nation has sown... And Matthew 24! It's on the world's doorstep.

Oh, but I'm not afraid. Not for me and my family, anyway. I've spent the past four months intensively preparing (in all ways) for anything and--even better--I've spent the past 21 years, especially, growing closer to the God of All Comfort. Technically, He's more real to me than you are. (No offense.)

I know where I've been and I know where I'm (someday) going. It's just that I wish I felt that assured about everybody else.

Anyway--regarding my new year's resolutions? I keep hearing the word 'more.'

Spend more time with God. 
More time in the Bible. More seeking of wisdom. More time awake in these Last Days. 
More focus in prepping for whatever's ahead. More learning of the 'old ways', like this.
More reading of the books which keep me balanced. Calm. Retro-vintage-minded.
And practicing more extreme gratitude for Life's daily delights and myriad gifts like breathing (and not being a zebra). heh.


And well, even if you find my mentions of prepping a bit 'wacko', perhaps you'll agree I can't wander too far into Loony Land with resolutions like those.  :)







Happy new year to all my faithful readers!



******

"But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”   ... Luke 21:36


“For last year's words belong to last year's language 
And next year's words await another voice.” 
― T.S. EliotFour Quartets



"That hard-to-describe sense of urgency in a person’s spirit to pray or do something is one way God communicates with people. It’s an alert system He put in place, and it can get stronger the more you obey it. Sometimes His alarm is loud. Other times it’s very soft but persistently going off so that you can’t ignore it.
If God ever speaks to you in this way, it’s important not to ignore it. The person or circumstance is obviously important enough for Him to sound an alarm. It could be a life-and death situation, and your obedience to pray or act could make the difference."


                                                                 ...  Jesse Duplantis

(For me, that was Confirmation City. And so very appreciated.)



******

15 Reasons to Prep Even if Doomsday Never Arrives

Ever wondered how you could, in an emergency, open a can without a can opener? Here's one way. (Gotta love this guy's accent.)


******





3 comments:

Terra said...

I think you are wise to prepare with necessities like food and of course with reading the Bible.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I have to disagree with you, Debra, and God is very close to me, too. Or so I hope!

I don't think we have "sown" more than usual....

I do wish we would sow more that follows the Sermon on the Mount, of course.

I am not afraid of the coming year, though there are always bad things that happen, and always good things that happen....

People predicted dreadful things if Obama were reelected, but the opposite happened.

I just have a strange sense that a group of people, too many people, are scaring one another, again.

As for me and my family, we will just go on, putting one foot in front of another, and trying to the good that we are encouraged to do, as much as we can, as often as we can, as compassionately as we can.

Peace to you and all your family and friends.

Debra said...

Terra--thanks. I'm preparing food-wise, yes, but in so many other ways, too. It's exciting, really.

Kristi--uh-oh! You're part of the group I'm worried about who's not preparing. :)

I simply can't shake these warnings I feel in my spirit.

And technically, though I don't mention this much, I'm preparing in extra ways so to help those in my neighborhood who will not be prepared. A huge opportunity will be ours in the upcoming days to reach out with God's good news to those who, before, never gave it a thought. I even bought a big box of Bibles to give away. Yes, really, I did. :)

And it's more than just reaping what we have sown--it's what's coming as foretold by Matthew 24:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NIV

Oh, how close I believe we are to this...



Thanks, Ladies, for commenting! Blessings, Debra