Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Your Waste of Time Might Be My Mission Field

"Jesus said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."   ... Mark 16:15

*****



Okay. John Piper or not, I find this quote sad:


“One of the great uses of Twitter and Facebook will be to prove at the Last Day that prayerlessness was not from lack of time.” 
― John Piper



But Debra says this:

"Anything in Life will always be what we make it. It's not the thing, it's what we do with the thing."



Twitter and Facebook? Ripe, waving-like-wheat mission fields just begging to be harvested. Oh, the opportunities to get in there and reap those thousands of open, searching hearts!

Even my own heart (which has been known to search whole weekends for relevant Christian blogs) has experienced a huge paradigm shift regarding courage because of boldness of those taking bullets in battle (but still standing) at Twitter. 

And I've found kindred spirits galore who love to share Truth. What a land, that Twitter.

And I will end this post today with just a sampling of the relevant truth I find there each morning. Oh, to wander into the right place at the right time ... I read these and feel awake! As though I've just had a blood infusion from a 20-year-old:



If God promises you peace- don't settle for anxiety, worry, and stress!!


Stop wishing, start doing! Begin to step out- don't just think about it- start moving!!


Worry dethrones God Worry says we need to be king b/c God's incompetent If the King really rules your world you really don't worry.


: Which Bible Character would you like to Play in a Movie?” David. He was gritty, dirty, God loving mess. That’s a story.


Some of the people who fight you are preparing you for where you’re going.


You must prepare for where you're going, and not stay stuck where you have been!


You saw how He blessed me but you didn't see how He broke me!! -


Nothing wrong with being a turtle until you start commenting on giraffes!


God doesn't want to make your circumstances smaller. He wants to make you BIGGER.


I can't worry about what others think. I'm looking to heaven.


: Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. -Billy Graham”


Let’s seek to do everything we can to set captives free





*****

You'll find Paula White's website here.

Christine Caine's site is here.

John Maxwell's company blog is here.

Ann Voskamp's blog is here.


*****

Oh dear. 

Ann Kiemel Anderson passed away this past weekend. She was a major influence to me during my teens and twenties. I often read her blog (you'll find some of her book excerpts there) and Facebook page, but hadn't lately. Cancer took her so quickly.

I'm glad to be assured she's in Heaven, but am praying for comfort for her four sons, their families and Jan's (her twin's) family, as well. 

She blessed many people in her lifetime.


*****


"Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together."   ... John 4:36 



3 comments:

Terra said...

I read one quote and thought that is great, and then the next and the next, these are wonderful quotes. I try to be salt and light in a gentle way in social media like my blog, Facebook and twitter. They can be mission fields, I agree.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I had not gone to read Ann's blog for awhile...sounds like the cancer was not known terribly long...maybe when it is a quick one like liver, it is a mercy not to know. She was a fabulous writer. Having known her parents, I always felt she was a wonderful extension of them...they were our pastors in Idaho and California for a time, during my teens and during the last 5 months hubby was in the Navy. They were so awesome!! I am sorry for her sons, but so glad for her now...and the grand reunion that must be going on there!! How hard for her sister Jan struggling with cancer all these years too. Thanks for sharing that information!!
Elizabeth now back in WA, helping with the grandchildren

Debra said...

Terra--as always, sounds like we are on the same page! And I'm glad you, also, use social media as a mission field. Isn't it wild how, when we were young, we never even imagined something like being online?

Elizabeth--oh, that's right! I'd forgotten that you knew her parents. How cool! I once heard a cassette tape with her family talking together, (it came with a book), and I remember thinking how loving they were toward each other. How great to think of Ann's reunion with her parents!

Thanks, Ladies! ... Debra