Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Shared Something With a Teacher Lately?


Now, here is a verse we tend to keep inside a tiny box:


"The one who is taught the word is to share all good things with the one who teaches him."   ... Galations 6:6


Like robots we (usually) believe it means to be faithful in our tithes or offerings to our pastor/favorite evangelist/church.

And that's about it.

But oh my! God's been convicting me lately that it also means that--if I learned something of value at Facebook--then I should thank the person for taking the time and effort to share it. And then, if that person didn't create the lesson shared, zip over and thank whoever did. To then let them know what I learned, even.

Same goes for bloggers. Their posts teach and inspire and change me, so am I thanking them for allowing God to help me through their talent? And all those hours they spend writing and rewriting? Even just one grateful sentence can appear huge to someone who's poured out their soul in words.

When an author writes a helpful book, I can buy that book (helping, encouraging, by financial support) and send the author an email of gratitude or post my thanks on their Facebook or Twitter pages. I can tell my friends about the book and share links in my blog.

If a Twitter member consistently shares uplifting tweets, I can retweet as an encouragement to them that they're spreading hope and courage. I can also post a note to tell them how he/she improves my day by their godly words.

God's been reminding me lately how much I learn online, especially, every single day. Yet am I saying 'thank-you' enough? Am I being faithful to 'share all good things with my teachers'?

Oh dear. Sometimes, yes, I do. But always? Uh, no way. (Gulp.)

Looks like it's time for me to make some changes again. To become more faithful about encouraging those who step out and obey God ... and to grow in unselfishness, myself, along the way.







******

A major "ouch verse":

"If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them."   ... James 4:17



"The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully."   ... 2 Corinthians 9:6


“Positive words left unsaid are like sachets of currency notes burnt in vain. Positive deeds left undone are like deep wells filled with soil to the brim. Do the undone, say the unsaid and turn the unturned.” 
― Israelmore Ayivor



*****


Our local radio broadcaster cracks me up. The other day he said, "And that was Barbara Streisand sounding all upset because," (he switched here to a whiny, nagging voice), "you don't bring me flowers anymore!"

Oh my. A week later, that still makes me giggle.

(Want to listen to my radio station along with me? Go here and click Listen Online.)

Heard this song again this morning and swooned like I always do.... happy sigh.

*****


No comments: