Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Incredible Silence

"But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart" (Luke 2:19).
 
****
 
So. Remember our new red couch? Well, guess who's been sitting there, quietly, lately? Oh, peacefully, not unhappily, but just in a pondering sort of way, even as I watch tv shows (or hopping up to work), hearing the same thing within me:

"Things will change soon. Get ready."

Yet this time I'm not feeling the "get ready" part means to race around and do emergency preparedness things (well ok, a tad perhaps), but more than that? It's like God's holding me close to His heart, pouring strength into me for upcoming days in this tired old world, a world which feels stretched and ready to burst.

I've noticed lots of us are feeling that things can't keep spinning this way forever. Something's about to snap.

I'm recharging, I think, and when one recharges, she doesn't speak as much, but rather, she listens, even when she's not hearing specifics. It's weird, but sometimes you learn more about how to be when you listen to God's silences; it's as though He's able to mold you better, Himself, without a bunch of words, especially your own.

Or something like that.

And actually? I'm loving this silent time, this extra-closeness, and not feeling an ounce of dread over an unknown future. I'm a believer, after all, and believers should, well, believe that whatever happens, we'll be ready. If our yesterdays, todays and tomorrows find us shoulder to shoulder with the One who's actually seen the aforementioned 'snap'.

He's certainly not worried ... and neither am I.




*******

"But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.…"   1 Thessalonians 5:4-6


"Oh taste and see that the Lord, He is good!"   ... Psalm 34:8


************
 

Netflix now has Undercover Boss, a show which makes me cry while watching people being kind to one another (the Johnny Rockets one had me sobbing. gah). Yet I laugh a lot, also, especially at what Candid Camera (also at Netflix) called, "people caught in the act of being themselves."

Humor + Sentimentality = one of my all-time favorite combinations.

********

Enjoy peeking inside old-fashioned travel trailers? You might love this one.


******

No comments: