Sunday, September 15, 2013

Does Debra Care? No.

(When you discover what that title means, you'll probably be disappointed. heh.)

*****
"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits..."   ... Psalm 103:2

Does anyone remember when, one year ago, I mentioned loving Patrick Jane's Fiestaware turquoise teacup and saucer and wishing I had one of my own?



Well, guess what I found yesterday (for just $1 each set) when Tom and I did the ol' yard sale circuit thing again?


Oh wow. Color me happy.

Now, the seller stated they were Fiestaware, yet they're not marked (yes, I know not all Fiestaware was marked) and they appeared more like Fiesta knock-offs to me, but did Debra care? No.

I instantly fell in love with these turquoise teacups and snatched them, then came home and poured hot chocolate into one while Tom and I watched CSI NY. And yes--in case you wondered-- hot chocolate does taste better in a turquoise teacup, Fiestware or not.

The only other things I bought that day? These two books:


And be still my kid-lit.-loving heart! Summer Pony is another Scholastic book to add to my dream-come-true vintage collection of 70 or so. Now, is this book in amazing condition? Not even close--clear contact paper covers the front, back and a few pages. But does Debra care? No way! She's gets to read Summer Pony soon and that's all that matters to her.

For decades I tried perfection, but I gave it up. Way, way too stressful and impossible all across the board.

Now I choose aiming at excellence, contentment and extreme gratitude. These are much easier on my poor ol' aging head and make for a wonderful, fulfilling life.



**********


"Serve the Lord with gladness!"   ... from Psalm 100

***************

You can read about The Quilt of Life here.



3 comments:

Judy said...

Judy doesn't care either! Which helps Judy not feel too badly when she breaks things.
(I tend to be a bit like Elizabeth on "Keeping Up Appearances"!)

Debra said...

Aw, Judy... thanks for always making me laugh! You are like icing on cakes. Sprinkles and cherries and sparklers, too. :) Blessings, Debra

Anonymous said...

Who cares if the Fiesta is marked or not!! The fun is in the color! I love all my Fiesta but get what I like. Like someone is going to come to your house and turn them over to check and see that it actually has a name on it! LOL. Also I think if I buy a loved book that has someone's notes in it or as yours did contacted cover,...it just meant someone loved it like I do and wants to keep it around as long as possible. That must be some good book I'd think if I saw that contacted cover!! :-) Great fun finds there Debra!!! Sarah