Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Loving What You Do


Something short for you today--a favorite quote which can change your entire life if you put it into practice:

"If you can't do what you love, find ways to love what you must do."

That's your assignment for today. And tomorrow. And the next day and--

Although I'll add: Job-wise? God is incredible at opening doors for us to do what we love. What remains is for us to be ready when they open, prepared ahead of time, then to boldly step through those doors without fear, but rather, trusting that all will be well because God led us to that place.

****



“It is God who is at work in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” (Phil. 2:13,14)

“Teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you.” (Ex. 33:13) 

"The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." ... John 10:10     

Personally? I believe Jesus means for us to enjoy--dare I say love?-- our normal days, not just the weekends or vacations or get-togethers or holidays or -- Yep, when we enjoy every single normal weekday, we've plugged into His secrets..... and discovered true life.




***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That bottom picture!! Wow, I'd love to have that one on my wall. :) I never tire {as I might have mentioned before} of looking at the sky. Never ever the same and Always Beautiful! ...yet that is only one of the zillions of things He has created for us!!! At this moment all our grandchildren are working at the jobs that seem to be the ones they were born for. They have hard work and studying but are so loving it all. That is how it should be. As you say, if we ask and find out what job or skills God has created for us to do we will be in a good fit. A few of the things I have to do here at home are not favorites but being here is! Even if some things are not things we love to do they still have to be done and not grumping is the start and just getting in there maybe with a different perspective is the next. Just do it! :) Lets face it,...if You don't do it who will? LOL From reading other bloggers or talking to other ladies you can find different ways to accomplish things and get those pesky jobs done and out of the way pronto! Even f pronto is not possible as for jobs that take a l o n g time, just starting on it is a lift to the spirit and when it is done! Wow! Yea!! It is exciting wondering what God has in store for us next!! You cannot graduate to it though until He thinks you are ready...{{How can anyone think life is boring????}} There are no solid Normal days it seems...all are different and if you get your thoughts off yourself and on other things and people there is no end to the possibilities!!!! I sure know that when I am in pain it even lessens it to try my best to do as much as possible and even better if I do as much as possible for others. You may be hurting but the feeling of gratitude and kindness seems to make the pain so much more manageable. Takes you mind off it for a while on others needs. I am humbled so much when I read or hear of those who are soooo sick but still try to do anything they can for others. The very sick shut in who calls others to make sure they are ok or pray with them each day etc etc. Truly amazing loving people. ...Maybe I have gone way off your subject??? :) Sarah