Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Okay. I don't believe I've ever shared my guilty pleasures here in my blog. So here goes one of them.... I confess I watch the tv show, House. I know, I know..... But hey, no one's perfect. And oh my goodness--for those of you who also watch it, wasn't last night's episode one of the best ever? Each scene with Cameron and Chase made my throat ache with tears and the final unraveling scenes with House made me gasp and a little dizzy. Wow. (If you're a fan, let me know what you thought in my comment box, ok?)


Now, to return you to the Debra which you all know and read, here are some photos from around my yard this morning. Your 5 cent tour as the little sign, below, says. And the wooden decoy ducks? Only $1 each at a yard sale. What a steal, uh, deal.


Here's a bit of that white flowered ground cover, sweet woodruff, I told you about.



Purple/white and yellow iris in front of the house.










7 comments:

Echoes From the Hill said...

Beautiful photos!
I used to watch House, but haven't in a while. I liked it when I did watch it.
Love the decoys. Some of the wooden decoys are very collectible. I wouldn't leave them outside, if I owned them. You got a great bargain!

Debra said...

Echoes--heh, I thought of keeping the ducks inside but at this late stage of my life I'm more into using things rather than keeping them for possible sale in the future. Besides, so often when I try to keep something nice for 'someday' it ends up getting broken or lost. I can't tell you how often that has happened to me and some of my friends, too. Alas. But I do know what you mean--if I get some more I'll probably keep them inside. :)Thanks for your comment! Blessings, Debra

Echoes From the Hill said...

Our place is named, "Echo Hill" because when my kids were little,and were outside playing, and I called them, (from our house on a hill), their names would echo back to me. It kind of named itself!
I am toying with starting a blog, and that will be the name.

Robin in New Jersey said...

I love House. However I can't watch it anymore since they moved it to 8p.m. My girls are not in bed then and I don't want them watching it. My VCR doesn't record anymore so I can't tape it. sigh...

Your yard looks so nice!

Debra said...

Echoes--I love your story of the echoes! Thanks for sharing it.

Robin--good news! You can watch House online. Just google 'watch House online' and it should pop up. Otherwise, let me know and I'll find it for you, ok? I hope you will watch Monday's episode--I have a feeling you will really like it! :)

Blessings, Debra

Sherry said...

I am a House fan, too. I really find it thought-provoking. Infact, I'm going to post about some of my House-thoughts soon.

As far as the most recent episode, if House actually detoxes what are they going to do with him then? I did think the detox-in-a-day with the help of a friend thing was a little too good and too quick to be true, but I sure didn't imagine that he'd imagined the whole thing.

Pearl said...

Your yard is looking good Debra. Enjoy spring!