Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Minor Miracle



All these months, a Stop Ahead sign has stood in front of our house, about dead center, on the other side of our street. 

Probably has stood there eight-thousand years (well...). Often I've sat upon our front porch thinking, "That sign is like a blight upon our view of the large evergreens and maples across the street, what with its garish yellow color. If only it wasn't there!"

Guess what? They moved the sign! Yes, moved it. 

It now stands farther up the street where we can't see its yellowness at all. It's at the outside edge of our neighbors' driveway, yet doesn't block their view of anything except, perhaps, our house, but hey. They don't need to be looking over here anyway.  ツ

I didn't even pray that the sign would be moved. I don't--or didn't--have that much faith. (But I do now!) 

No, I just wished it wasn't there, but alas, not being a big proponent of wishing, I now wish I would have prayed about it. heh. Then I could call this an answer to prayer.

But that's why, I guess, I'm naming it a miracle, one stemming from the goodness of God's heart. Face it--traffic signs don't get moved every day. Part of me says only God can move a sign like that, especially in New York state.

So thank-you God, so very much, for doing such a sweet favor for me.


*****

In other news, my friend Donna and I are traveling to Hurd's Orchards today, one of my favorite, most inspirational country places on Earth. You can visit there, too--just go here. (Be sure to click on the link which takes you to the second page.)



Donna's photo of my garden last October, after the tomatoes were nipped by frost.

*******

"And Jesus said unto them.....If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Matthew 17:19-21


******

1 comment:

Donetta said...

:)
Now that is a "sign" from Heaven