Saturday, December 27, 2008



I think we forget how amazing this Internet and Blogland world truly is. How easily we can find kindred spirits here! 

Man, I remember whole decades when it seemed any kindred spirits I may have had all tripped and fell off the Earth into some cosmic Never Never Land. Awfully hard to find, they were.

But now? Wow, kindred spirits appear everywhere! And may I never lose my gratitude for this phenomenon.

Anyway, I discovered yesterday from one of those kindred spirits that she'd decided to let her blog die because of a nasty blog stalker.

Of course, right away I tried talking her out of it.

Why? Because throughout the thousands of years of history, always there have been people who believe their duty is to discourage mankind. They tell inventors that their inventions won't work and writers that their stories aren't worth being told. They tell builders their buildings will crumble, encourage optimists to be miserable and dreamers to quit dreaming.

Just think of all the biographical books or movies of Great People you've ever read or watched. Remember all the naysayers who tried to pull them back down to mediocrity? Recall the recurring theme? How, usually, the Great People almost always caved-in, but then found new strength and continued--and succeeded?

Well, if you have a blog, then you, too, are a Great Person. 

No, really. I can't tell you the eons of times I've visited blogs which have encouraged me and improved the whole rest of my day. And I don't only mean the blogs whose author's purpose is to encourage folks, either. No, I'm also speaking of blogs like homemaking ones where women write about the pie they baked that day. Oh, how powerfully that affects me--how often just reading about your baking has gotten me out of this computer chair and back to the cooking/housework I've been procrastinating! 

That happens all the time.

Your blogs about your families remind me to treat my own family nicer, decorating blogs get me back up on ladders with a paintbrush in my hand, spiritual blogs get my head--and heart-- back where they should be.

So what am I saying? Unless God specifically tells you to cease blogging (for a season or forever), please do not allow any person or any fear to stop you. 

Always there will be people who feed on making us insecure or turning us into the quitters they have become. And yet? Only the non-quitting faithful will win the prize. 

Only they will be there with the perfect words, photos or advice when the rest of us are faltering.



******

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Amen to that! :)

Anonymous said...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Words we sometimes need to hear.

Wilma

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-smile- Isn't it amazing? Sometimes kindred spirits can have similar thoughts, at the same time... Isn't it amazing? -smile-

Aunt Amelia~

Donetta said...

I think of the pie I baked my beloved and the family I so love.

I too, was one who was considering an end to my blog. I feel sometimes a loss of privacy from those family members who hurt me unintentional as it may be...They hurt others (me). Knowing that hurt people ...hurt people. I pressed on. I found a way to vent in a type of anonymity so as to shield them the weight of the harm they cause. It helped me to work through it with a building up of my character. Hurt, yes...but lay it down no... this is who I am in this world. This blog I do, is for the children and friends and husband I adore. If a day comes when I can no longer let them in my mind may they all have this to hold onto me. To remember who I am.

Pearl said...

Well Said!And a thank you.

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bravo! I do hope she decides to stay. She wasn't hurt by the blog stalker was she?