Thursday, November 22, 2007


Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers!

I find myself especially thankful today for this blogging world and all of you kindred spirits. Never far from my memory are the first 40 years of my life when to find someone like me was a rare (rare, rare, rare) thing. I spent years searching for kindred spirits who still appreciate simple, daily things and now, here online, you are everywhere! I'm grateful that no longer do I feel like such a huge oddity and that now I can share my days with those who understand.

A special thanks to you who have made my difficult year of uncertainty easier for me by your kind comments and emails, especially during the recent death of my dad. Today I feel rich in friends and that's the best kind of richness there is... and while I cook and iron in my kitchen today while watching Christmas movies, I will count those riches one by one.

May you all have a Thanksgiving Day filled with God and family and friends and all that you hold dear..........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you have also made my life richer! And posted many things to think about! I have enjoyed coming here and of the many blogs on my favorites list, yours is one of a half dozen I usually read every day...the others just from time to time!

I hope today is a peaceful lovely day for you!

We are having a guest. My daughter invited anyone from her group to come who had no place to go...this man called from his family home an hour or so away, so beats me as to how he had no place to go...but we will be good hosts, nonetheless. She wishes some others would have wanted to come however. We had thought some from the nearby base would...but maybe someone else invited them ahead of us. This guy is at least 37 years old she says...so nothing there from her towards him (at age 24, almost 40 sounds like her parents age!) So we will see how it goes today.

Saija said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & Tom!!!

and i feel the same about my blogging buds ... i'm glad there are other odd ducks out there, just like me!

Anonymous said...

Debra, You may count me as a kindred spirit and one who greatly appreciates your thoughtful and thought-provoking posts. Hooray for simple and old fashioned pleasures! Peace and blessings, Peggy

Dapoppins said...

Blogland has blessed me too!