Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Doers. They're Blessed.



 "Be doers, not just hearers... The one who looks into the... law of liberty and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets, but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing." --- James 1:23, 25


******

4:45 a.m. I slept-in this morning! But I swung my feet over the bed and thought, "Well, back to the battle." Then I smiled.

'I am blessed in my doing.'

After those first 2 weeks of coronavirus shut-down? You know, the time they'd told us we'd be released? That's when I 'heard', "Help many others expose the darkness, the hidden sins. Now is the time."

Consistently I've tried to speak out. Have lost friends, gained others. Have supported people, businesses. Given. Spoken against lies-presented-as-truth, made mistakes, done right then been criticized, have prayed and taught and stood until I'm tired. Yet 'I am blessed in my doing.'

I've rested, then returned to the battle. Reminded myself myriad times to hold balance dear, that through balance it'll all get done: battle-wise, home-wise, relationship-wise, preparedness-wise. And 'I have been blessed in my doing.'


The battle is terrible, yet wonderful.
Foggy, yet clear.
Discouraging, yet encouraging.
Wearying, yet strengthening.
A learning place, a recalling one.
A place of loss, but of great gain, also.


And oh, what the battle is exposing in us all. Strengths, weaknesses, good, awful, God-in-us, sin-in-us. What the battle helps purge! That which drops from us, finally, in no other way.


When you look back upon these days? May you say, "I fought!" and also, "I was blessed in my doing". 

Gotta go now and return to the battlefield. I'll see you out there, ok?







"But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled..."   --1 Peter 3:14


"We may stumble and fall but shall rise again; it should be enough if we did not run away from the battle."       ----Mahatma Gandhi

One of my favorite fighters. I read or watch her each day at Facebook.





******




Seriously. Someday we'll wonder how we coulda ever been such gullible nitwits.

            This young lady was receiving a scholarship. 



"Just got off an airplane. I was told that face masks were required for the duration of the flight, and then I was served snacks and a drink."    -- @KelemenCari


***
Fear is irrational.
Fear torments our minds. ---1 John 4:18
Fear is not from God. --2 Timothy 1:7
For we did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear..." --Romans 8:15










How tragic to arrive in Heaven without blood spots upon ones face from having fought godly battles, never wielding the sword of the Spirit at lying demons of deception.

******



"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

7 comments:

Terra said...

This post is very encouraging and stirring. I recall the Scripture about putting on the full armor of God before we go out to face the day. We Believers must stand strong, and stand together. Thank you.

Terra said...

OK, I must leave a second comment to tell you thank you for the Heidi St John video, I am going over to FB now to find her there. She describes mobile units being sent to all houses in Washington state! Mandatory testing! Shocking.

Betsy said...

Going into battle. I have tried but right now I'm trying to...well, I don't know what. I've been in a curious state for the past week. Unable to knit/crochet, and you know that's like breathing to me. I can't concentrate and I flit from one thing to another. I think it may have something to do with my brothers death and that my mind is healing, trying to accept it. Although we lived halfway across the country from each other and weren't a daily part of each others lives, he was my big brother and always there.

I'm trying to spend extra time in God's Word and just being. I'm avoiding facebook, the news, and written media. Blogs are about all I'm doing right now. I know God understands.
Take care my friend,
Blessings,
Betsy

Debra said...

Terra--yes! Those warfare and armor scriptures. I've thought about them so often lately, blogged about them, too, earlier. Seems they're always on my mind lately. And you're so right about Believers needing to stand strong. Truly, like never before we need to now. So glad you like Heidi! She inspires me every day. As for the contact tracing I'm choosing to believe (and pray) it will be a bust. I listened to a (scary) video from a woman who received her certification to go around to peoples' houses and 'police them' and that concerned me for awhile. But now? I'm thinking it'll be a plan that fails before it gets a start, even. All these riots and protests? They've been tragic and horrible, but on the good side, they've shown the government that people will no longer just lie down and take whatever is done to them. The lies are being exposed. Thanks for commenting!

Betsy--most definitely, now is your time to heal. The battle will still be raging when you return to it later! This one will not be over in a short time like the others. Be well and heart-healed, my friend!

Blessings, Debra

Rebecca said...

communicating
lies
boldly
repetitively
and noisily
doesn't change
truth
as history
and eternity
both will testify
(rlg, 6-11-2020

Debra said...

Rebecca--so true! And someday all will see that truth. Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Debra

Pam said...

I'm really thankful that all of us can be doers. As long as we love God and are willing to obey him, we can be useful. Wow Debra, sleeping in until 4:45...such a slacker! ;)