Wednesday, December 04, 2019

My Crazy-Early Morning Season



"He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding..."   ... Daniel 2:21


******


Oh my! For two weeks God's been pulling me out of bed around 2:30. Yes, in the morning

(Oh and don't worry. I go to bed before 8:00 p.m., or try, and this is an anticipation, not a burden.)

I creep down the stairs, switch on the tiny electric wood stove then quietly (since Tom's sleeping) comb my hair, plug in the window heart lights and check the Internet to make certain the world didn't collapse while I wasn't awake to manage it. ツ

And then? I make hot chocolate, grab my headphones, settle on the couch beneath blankets and a cat and then oh! The places I go with God and Youtube on the big tv: 

We visit folks in their tiny houses. Listen to their we-grew-tired-of-stuff stories.

Or we meet so-cool Christians like Todd White who shares Jesus and healing literally wherever he goes.

We listen to peoples' I-went-to-Heaven stories. Or to Joyce Meyer's practical teaching. Or watch It's A Miracle. Or Sid Roth's It's Supernatural. Joni Table Talk. Or whatever else interests me that morning.


Jesus points at things to notice, remember, pray about. When I became a Christian at 11 I turned into a ponderer and oh Honey, these past 2 weeks my pondering stays on overdrive. It's as though I'm preparing for an exciting future.

And I love it all. I'm remembering grown-hazy truths, finding confirmation about uncertain things and learning that which I did not know. 

One must stay open in order to grow. Venture out of the old Land 'o Goshen denomination's same ol' rehashed, let's-not-be-too-bold teachings and shriveled-up souls. Leave fear and choose discernment (not the counterfeit, suspicion), instead.

I am loving this wee-hours season, but I realize it'll not last forever. No season stays exactly the same. Yet all God's plans for me are sweet:


My marriage. Our daughter. 
Our family, friends, churches.
Moving to New York.
Experiencing renewal in the 90's (it's never left me).
Teaching. Encouraging, blessing others.
This blog.
The farm (with its perfect timing).
This little Hobbit Cottage.
Our neighbors. My coffee shop.


--and many remarkable gifts/times/chapters not mentioned.


Oh, the adventure, the growth, the joy when we obey and cooperate with God! 






"My times are in your hand..."   .... Psalm 31:15

"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."  ... Luke 2:19


If God seems boring, something is wrong somewhere. (Hint: it's never His fault).



Been mulling this over since yesterday: Satan can use suspicion to keep us far from our help. God will use discernment to take us exactly to what we need.



*****





Okay, now this was just too cool! These 4 minutes may change your life forever.


Oh, and my Thanksgiving was awesome. I hope yours was, also!


******




"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I laughed out loud when I realized that since I got the "crud" a few weeks ago I'm falling asleep between 11:30-12:30, just about the time you've been waking up! So between the two of us, one is always awake to keep the "world in order". :-)
I do the same as you, sit in the living room with the TV turned down low and watch u-tube while Dennis sleeps away in the bedroom.
Take care my dear friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Isn't life interesting? Only God knows why he stirs us awake or causes us to fall to sleep. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how often I take naps, but that's okay, too. I'm happy to hear you are making the most of your waking hours, Debra. I agree with what you said about keeping an open mind. I really long to stay current with whatever the Lord wants to teach me, and that involves letting go of faulty thinking and learning/living new Truth. At my age, I know the clock is ticking and I don't want to waste precious time. By the way, have there been any new developments at the coffee shop, Debra?

Debra said...

Betsy--ha! Nice to know you and I are keeping the world in order. :) Hope you're feeling better by this time and wouldn't it be fun if we saw ourselves somehow some night at Youtube? :)

Pam--I love what you said about having an open mind and letting go of faulty truth! It blesses my heart whenever I come across Christians (especially we of a certain age, er hem) who still long to grow and live in actual truth, even if it means letting go of what we (and others) believed for so long.

Thanks so much, Ladies! Blessings, Debra