Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Don't Cry For Me, Grandma Tina. (See What I Did There?) :)


"For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right."  ... Psalm 84:11


******



I've told you before that, most likely, I'll never have grandchildren. I mean, when your daughter says for 30 years, "I'd rather not have any children," well, eventually you believe her. 

Though yes, 'never say never' and all that. But still.

Frankly, I'm choosing to use my faith for the things God wants me to pray and believe for. The only unhappy times I've had while living at Hobbit Cottage (especially)? They were while wanting what God did not want for me. And oh Honey, you do that and your world tilts, slipping you up against walls all uncomfortable-like.

And who wants to live all squished-up like that?

Anyway, God's always given me grace regarding the no grandchildren thing, but now, oh! Even more so due to what I've learned via Youtube about Heaven. Various folks say that if you've had miscarriages, your children are in Heaven waiting for you. They know who you are. They can't wait to meet you.

Wow. I think I've had 3 miscarriages! I say 'think' because each 'episode' happened the first month, making it a 'spontaneous abortion' (a medical term I don't appreciate), meaning I didn't know I was pregnant.

Which means even now I'm not certain I was. And yet? Each of those painful times is still clear in my memory.

So my, my, my. In Heaven there's a big possibility I'll be raising 3 more children and isn't that a wild thing to consider? No longer a mom to one, but to 4? Yes, pretty head-spinning to this gal of a certain age. 

Whew.

So no grandchildren here on Earth? Hey, I'm truly fine with that, especially now that, possibly, 3 beautiful children await me to go on numerous out-of-this-world (literally) adventures. Oooo, what fun! Especially since I'll have energy galore again.  ツ

Yet always and always, here's the main reason I've felt fine for decades while facing the no grandchildren possibility--

Jesus is enough. More than, actually. He meets needs like no one else ever can. 

Something else? I believe even here, now, He gives each of us wonderful surprises, seen and unseen, to make up for anything others have that we do not.

No one does that better than He does, either. No one.

Hallelujah.




“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. ..."   ... from Deuteronomy 28



 "Life, if properly viewed in any aspect, is great, but mainly great when viewed in its relation to the world to come."
- Albert Barnes


*****






I keep hearing that many seniors struggle to feed themselves these days. If that's you or someone you know, I hope you'll check out the many videos at Youtube like this one:





Oh, the help that's available for each of us who wonder how to do certain things! This Internet--what a gift from God. Indeed.




"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us today Debra. Oh, the wonders and excitement and yes, surprises that will be ours when we arrive in Heaven. I, too, have suffered miscarriages and knew in my heart that my babies were in Heaven. Since my "death experience" before I got my pacemaker, I am even more convinced. The joy that will be ours is inconceiveable to us now.
WIshing you a wonderful day my dear friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Oh Debra, you have turned my thoughts toward heaven, and that's a very good thing. Sometimes I can get too "earthly" minded (don't know if that's the right term). I appreciate what you said about the unhappiness brought on by wanting what God doesn't want for us. Boy oh boy, I have been so guilty of that. Day by day, I'm learning to loosen my grip and giving everything to God. It's been a process for me, but the Lord never lets me down.

Debra said...

Betsy--truly, won't Heaven be beyond our dreams? I know for certain that it will way more than make up for any sadness we experienced here. The more I learn about Heaven the more I think about it throughout my days!


Pam--thanks so much! I do love sharing the lessons here which I've learned. Isn't it wonderful when we stay tuned into what God wants and move on that track rather than our own?! :)

Thanks so much, Ladies! Blessings, Debra