Wednesday, June 27, 2018

It's Crazy Out There, Right? But Grace Is Crazier.



"But where sin increased, Grace increased all the more..."   ... Romans 5:20


******


Perusing here lately, you'd probably not guess that I'm still reading The Economic Collapse Blog. You know, the one written by Michael Snyder, that wild-sounding guy with his dire predictions for our Country.

But I am. Still reading there. First thing every morning, even.

And, oh my. This week he's shared not one, but two posts about how he sees civil war coming to America. A fire-in-the-streets-so-maybe-you'd-better-stay-inside-awhile war. And really, a person with barely an imagination can probably envision this happening, what with folks behaving badly as they have lately. 

So now, is Debra panicking, all oh-nooooo!? All, the-sky-is-falling!-ish? Uh, no. Not even.

Actually, my head and heart are floating around in mega peace. Not because I don't believe a civil war could happen, but rather, because I do--and I'm calmly accepting the challenge.

I'm inventorying our food (and other) supplies. Making lists.
I'm ordering, online, items we're running short on, aiming to have at least one month's supply so to avoid trips to stores should streets become dangerous.
I'm discussing with Tom a couple emergency plans. Brushing up on prepper info., etc.

Basically, I'm peacefully doing what I believe God's asking me to, both the extra and the usual callings. Staying close to Him, balanced, focused. At least, aiming to.

Call me silly, but I believe Wisdom says,"Hey you. These days? Live prepared." In fact, since 'prepping' for around 3 years, I've seen fires, flooding, snow emergencies, evacuations or also being commanded to stay inside--and these just in my Buffalo area

Long, long is the list of dire happenings in the rest of America.

But today, here's my main point: the chaos is escalating, but so is Grace, even more, just as the Bible promised. 

God's not panicking or depressed.

He and Grace are more opposite this world than ever--and so should we be. And may all be well with our souls so we'll have something much different, much calmer, to share with those who are struggling. 







"We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain..."   ...Hebrews 6:19


Anyone else thought often of these verses lately?


"There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
         haughty eyes,
        a lying tongue,
        hands that shed innocent blood,

        a heart that devises wicked schemes,

        feet that are quick to rush into evil,

        a false witness who pours out lies

        and a person who stirs up conflict in the community."

Proverbs 6:16-19



******






My fellow fans of Laura Ingalls Wilder--did you read this? Good grief. It reminded me of this from George Orwell's, 1984--


 “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”


But alas, more signs of the times.


******




Speaking of books--here's one for those of you who collect unique ones:





It's written by a 3rd generation NY bookstore owner. It's a compilation of many paper items (photos, letters, receipts, etc.) used as bookmarks, some dating from the 1800's. Really cool stuff in there, in fact, I follow the author at Facebook and he shares with us bookmarks that he's still finding these days. Vintage fun!


******

3 comments:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

I appreciate the variety and viewpoint you share so consistently. Thankful that where sin (and chaos) abound, grace abounds more!

Betsy said...

More words of wisdom from you my dear friend. I often wonder what this world and our country is coming too. More and more I’m hearing civil war. I just pray for the Lord to return and take His children home to him.
Many Blessings,
Betsy