Monday, March 27, 2017

The Case of the Delinquent Blogger

"And (Grace) is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."   ... Ephesians 2:9


******

By today's title, can anyone tell I spent yesterday watching my old Perry Mason dvd's?  😆 

It's wild that I used to write here almost daily. Back then I could, finally, spill all that I'd bottled-up for decades lest folks haul me to The Home for Religious Weirdos. Oh, the wonder of instantly sharing lessons God taught me!

And how marvelous that blogging led me to 'my tribe'--those of you who don't find me too delusional, but rather, just crazy enough to hold your interest for five, ten or even the entire twelve years. 

What a joy to discover my voice and (you) people who'll listen.

Anyway, 3,300 blog posts later, I'm not quitting. No, it just seems like God and Grace aren't nudging me to write as often lately, even though, as usual, I keep my ear tilted their way. 

Am I worried? Nah. I know that seasons work like ocean tides--in now, out later, bringing in something new, carrying out something old. If there's one thing you don't want, it's standing water. (Can you say, 'stagnation'?)

And personally, I believe God designed this constantly-changing Life so that, always, we'd rely on Him rather than an oldy-moldy, way-we've-always-done-it-ness. You know, where, heck, we'll still accomplish things even if God doesn't show up at all.

Heaven forbid.

Seriously, I'd rather do just one important thing with God before I die than hundreds of supposed-great-things without Him. I mean that.

So, really, please don't panic if--for you--things just don't feel the same. If what used to work, isn't working now. If you used to love some activities, but now can't stand them. If you've lost people you relied upon, if you're restless and searching when, years ago, you were Mrs. SureAbout Everything.

God likes to keep it interesting. He loves to shake things up. Why? So that, always, we'll keep a firm grip on His arm, an ear close to His mouth so that we'll spend our entire journey relying upon Him and doing things His way, not ours.

Life is way more exciting, full and rut-free His way, after all. 







                                              

       Saw my first robin of the season yesterday!  Always, such a promise of Springtime to my winter-weary heart.


 ******





Please don't worry about me, ok? I promise to tell you if something's really wrong around here.

And oh, I'm considering at least posting some 're-run' posts' so that the stretches between my current posts won't be so long.


******



So daily I still check-out local real estate online (humor me), but rarely do I see rooms decorated to my liking. But this was an exception, below, though yes! There's an awful lot of wood in there--



                                              (Click to enlarge.)






That house is much like ours--






-- except that the floor plan is opposite, they have an enclosed porch and many extra features which I'm trying not to drool over.

Speaking of which, I am still working my way through acceptance of dear ol' Hobbit Cottage. That we're still here. That we may still be here when we're more old and more decrepit than we currently are. Er hem. These things take time.


😏 



******






Want to watch some old Perry Mason episodes free online?  Go here. Not all there are free, but some are. I especially like seasons 1 and 2 because of the lovely vintage clothes, cars and houses.


******

6 comments:

Terra said...

Glad to know you are well and your sense of humor is intact. I went through heart break in November and know I will have a new normal, so you are right, change happens. There are some nice looking condos being built right next to my church, rather fun to imagine moving there.

Betsy said...

Hello there! It's good to see you back here in Blogland today. I know exactly what you mean. My posting has been more sporadic as of late also. And you're right, God does keep things changing doesn't He? I love that cottage that you showed pictures of. Our very first house was over 100 years old and it had an enclosed porch on the front. I haven't lived there since 1983 but I still miss it. My hubby laughs when I tell him I dream about that house. All he remembers are the old pipes and the old electricity. Ha ha! Have a lovely day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

Pam said...

Life is always changing and the days vanish before our very eyes. Debra, it's always a pleasure to read your posts, but I understand what you're saying. There are seasons for each of us and it's important for us to flow with them. Enjoy each day...keep on looking for robins. They're building nests here, on the farm. Blessed spring has arrived.

Deborah Raney said...

I actually came over here purposely to check on you today because you've been so quiet. So glad to hear that you are doing well and abiding in His grace. That's a good place to be. So far, in 62 years of life and 42 years of marriage, I can honestly say that each time God has brought about change in our lives, it has been for the good. Oh, it may not have seemed like it at first. In fact, I've gone kicking and screaming into change at times. But always God was in our midst, even when we couldn't feel Him. And always we've looked back and marveled in how He was at work all along.

Always good to read your posts, Debra. I don't know if I've been along for the ride the entire time you've been blogging, but for quite a few years. And it's been a joy. God bless...

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I saw your post show up on a fellow blogger's site, and thought it looked too interesting to pass up, lol! I'm happy to meet you today, and I understand just how hard it is for thoughts to flow at times, and then at other times they are like a river! Such is life, it ebbs and flows... just writing about the things that matter to you, and speak to you heart are always what connects your heart with others. Happy to meet you today :)

Debra said...

Hi Terra-- I think of you often! And pray that you'll know God's presence in such a strong way since the loss of your dear husband. I look forward to reading about more of your new adventures. Isn't it fun to dream about moving to a new place? The possibilities are endless up there inside our imaginations. :)

Betsy--ha! Your husband sounds just like mine. I show him photos of houses online and it's wild how he can point out tiny problems I never even noticed. I always see the good stuff. :)

Thanks, Pam! And don't you just love Springtime? What a relief after Winter. Whew.

Aw, Deb--thank-you! You *have* been reading here such a long time. Tom and I realized the other day that it's been nearly nine years since we moved to the farm--can you believe that? And you were here a year or two before that, even. Wow. Thanks for being such a longtime reader!

Welcome to you, SpicingUpIdaho! I'm so happy you found your way over here and it's a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for letting me know you're here--I love your state! Tom and I often visited Idaho on vacations while we lived in Nevada in the early 90's. Sometimes we even consider retiring there--you never know! Again, welcome.


Thanks, Ladies! Blessings, Debra