Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Where's Debra?




Where've I been lately? Upstairs, mostly, in our three-bedrooms-made-from-one. Me and the Seavers, that is, who cheerfully help me reorganize up there since Naomi left.

Oh, and I bought a clothes rack online because storing clothes in totes supporting my bed was insane. Sheesh. All the trouble of yanking out half the tub, lifting half the lid, digging through stacks of clothes in dark depths just to wear a shirt was, well, ridiculous (as Balki, who's also aiding The Great Reorganization, would say).



                I could've just kept complaining about the clothes storage bins, but I thought this was better.  :)


Also up there, I've turned shelves into pantry-storage-for-the-end-of-the-world, and too, I've Played Books, my favorite game. That's where you walk around finding books of the same genre, place them on a shelf, alphabetize them by author, then wonder why you didn't do this all sooner. After that, you step back and feel happiness because now you'll actually be able to find the book you want.





Oh, and because I love my little pink ballerina so much--





-- I bought a friend for her on Ebay.





I also brought up a clothes-drying rack from the basement so our clothes will dry faster over the winter and I purchased bed skirts which I'll iron today and place on the guest beds (whose covers are light blue, not white).



                                 
 
I'm also cleaning carpet spots up there and dusting, pulling linens to be washed and listening to Andy Williams' swoony songs (like this one) via my record player.

And if there's a better way to spend February (besides, ok, maybe visiting Hawaii), well, I'm not sure what that would be.

So! Just letting you know the score at Hobbit Cottage and hoping you, too, are involved with good things and keeping your mind on true, noble, right, pure, lovely things as Philippians 4 nudges us to do and maybe? That just might be the verse of 2017. You never know, right?










............. aaaand right this moment I'm headed outside to do yard work in the sunny 51 degrees---in February!




******


“What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain.” 
― Maya Angelou



“When we engage in what we are naturally suited to do, our work takes on the quality of play and it is play that stimulates creativity.” – Linda Naiman 


******




Our sunset last week ---





---reminded me of how creative God is. He could have just made all sunsets color-free --oh dear!







******

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Well, my dear friend, you're sure getting a lot more done than I am. Your guestroom looks so cozy with the twin beds tucked under the eaves. It does sound like you're getting a lot done this February. And now I'm on my way to physical therapy. Please pray for me. It's my first session on my back.
Blessings, Betsy

Pam said...

February has been a dream this year...more like spring. Debra, you should be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished in your home. I haven't done much inside, but last week, I actually pulled weeds out of my garden! That's a first!

Debra said...

Betsy--thanks so much! I've been praying that your physical therapy went well and that the exercises will help strengthen your back into normalcy. How are you feeling these days?

Pam--oh yes! February really has been a dream. This whole winter, in fact, has been like a non-winter---would be wonderful to always have such a mild winter. Isn't it wonderful to putter outside in a month usually buried beneath snow?

Thanks, Ladies! Blessings, Debra