Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Inauguration Tomorrow (And All The Other Tomorrows)


"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."   ... 1 John 4:18


******



After watching news reports about possible inauguration violence, I glanced over and told Tom, "I'll be glad when Friday is over." But whenever I say, "I'll be glad when ...", always I hear Joyce Meyer's voice saying, "Instead, why don't you just be glad now?"

Love that. Would rather choose that.

Frankly? I've felt bad for my Christian friends who nearly lost their minds after Hillary lost the election. And super-frankly? Some of the rabid chatter--on both sides--made my eyes nearly pop.

Some Bible verses become incredibly-relevant at certain historical times and here's one of them, I believe, for this moment:


"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."  ... Proverbs 4:23


Oh, baby. Please, please guard that heart of yours in all the tomorrows ahead. Never forget that--


God has a huge, specific plan for our Country. For you, also.

God provides for His kids who love Him and trust Him to do so.

No man can close a door God, Himself, has opened.

In hundreds of verses, God tells us,"Stop fearing stuff!" (Debra's paraphrase). And personally, I believe it hurts His feelings when we skip courage and choose chicken.

God said He's overcome this world and given us peace, instead, which was meant to cheer our hearts. (So cheer-up, already!)


And how much more to list! These truths aren't just Bible verses to me--they became my life decades ago. They've never disappointed me. God has never disappointed me.

In fact, they've set me upon a solid foundation which--good gracious! Certainly will not crumble (or make Truth, untrue) because of an incoming political administration.

The God I serve is far mightier than anything this world could ever toss my way. Ever.

Amen.







"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. ..."   ... Psalm 95:1-11




******







"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”   ... John 16:33


******


And yes, believe me, I've been praying about tomorrow's inauguration and all the tomorrows afterward for President Trump and his people.

And will continue to do so------!



"In the Lord's hand the king's heart is a stream of water that he channels toward all who please him."   ... Proverbs 21:1




******

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen, Amen and Amen. You wrote very much what I wish I could have. I agree with you wholeheartedly Debra. I'm praying for our entire country, (and world), tomorrow and in the days to come. Thank you my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Robin in New Jersey said...

Amen! You are a very wise woman! The Lord knows and he is safe to trust.

Pam said...

Amen! I pray that believers, everywhere, will get their heads out of the sand and focus on our Mighty God. He is our Hope and He is our Savior. Each of us can make a difference when we place our trust in the Lord and faithfully pray for our world. Debra, this post encouraged me this morning-thank you.

Debra said...

Thanks, Ladies, for your comments! Looks like we're on the same page and are looking forward to what God will do in the years to come!

Blessings, Debra