Monday, January 02, 2017

Don't You Just Love a New Year?


"I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways."   ... Psalm 119:15


******


New Year's Resolutions! Love 'em. Seriously. 

Seldom do we (I believe) go anywhere noteworthy without aiming toward some goals. Like, if you shoot an arrow at nothing, guess what you hit?

So today I'm feeling super-convicted to, first, become more excellent at what God's already asked me to do. More focused about--


time spent with God or
writing, blogging, expressing gratitude and encouraging people or 
fixing annoyances around my house or
more exercising, reading, listening to good teaching or 
acting with excellence in all the daily stuff of Life. (Things people insist don't really matter, but which, oh my, do.)


God is again reminding me to use excellence. (Is He patient or what?) Excellence asks that I simply do my best upon all these blank pages and is far saner and easier to reach than perfection. May I remember that for more than 2 seconds and actually practice excellence in 2017.

And you know? That's all I have resolution-wise so far.

What I'm thinking is that excellence in the old things opens doors to the new things. First do your best with the obvious, then the mysterious unknowns will become, well, known.

At least, that's what ol' Debra says.






Or in a few words--- if I've become sloppy with my God-given tasks, why would He give me new things to do?



******







Don't you just love that super-sized all-things-are-possible feelings of a brand new year?



******






On Saturday, Tom and I watched (via On Demand) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Wow. We so enjoyed all that creativity and imagination! 

Did anyone else see this and enjoy it?

Weird, but it's as though my mind needs a movie like that every once in awhile to remind me to dream, to imagine, to create.






******


Free Kindle Books


Mercy and Mayhem

God's Provision in Tough Times

An Unexpected Family



******

2 comments:

Betsy said...

At least you've made a resolution Debra. I haven't made any because I can never seem to keep them longer than a sneeze! Thank you for a thought provoking post.
Blessings,
Betsy

Debra said...

Aww, Betsy. :) The way I look at it is --- if I do half of what I'd planned, then that's a half more than I would have done otherwise. And it's made something at least a little better--and better is better!

(Aren't I such an annoying Pollyanna?) :) Thanks for commenting! Blessings, Debra