Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Nancy, Judy, Erma--And Happiness--And Me



“A year from now you may wish you had started today.” 
― Karen Lamb


******


Man, why didn't I obey that still, small voice sooner? You know, the one nudging me to move back into my closet bedroom. (Well, yeah, there's my darn inherent laziness, of course...)

Oh, the happy hours I've spent in there, reading, mostly, and listening to vintage music from my clock radio while just gazing around at treasured trinkets.

Golly. While Buffalo is back to this:






... it barely phases me. My new room has perfect-for-me lighting! So much for S.A.D : it's gone now---but it could have dissipated weeks ago had I not procrastinated. Sigh.

Does it matter I have no windows? Certainly not now--who wants to view more weeks of snow, anyway, while Facebook friends share photos of their new roses? Inside my closet I can imagine green and floral gardens presently thriving in my yard.

Oh, since Sunday afternoon, Nancy Drew, Judy Bolton and I have happily solved mysteries within those warm, striped-wallpaper walls. Erma Bombeck and I have laughed together.  All us girls, squeezed into my tiny room, are enjoying a grand time while we wait for Spring.

How important that this ol' introvert have a door to her room and not just a walk-through space. To have an uninterrupted hideaway rather than only flitting about like a bee to any old flower in the sun while bees and Life buzz like crazy around her.

For weeks since Naomi's return I'd been sensing, "Return to the closet!," yet procrastination, laziness and doubt interfered. You'd think I'd know better by now to immediately move, obey, right? Apparently not.

Oh well, today I hope you aren't procrastinating anything that God's nudging you to do for your own good. If He's asking, then He's standing there at the perfect time along with the strength to do it (so no excuses--though heaven knows I still come up with some).

Yes, just do it. And thrive, even on a regular ol' Tuesday.






“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” 
― Charles DickensDavid Copperfield




******


Oh! you're gonna love this which my friend, Dolores, shared at Facebook:

An Illustrator Who Sees Unique Beauty in Everyday Life.







******




2 comments:

Tracy said...

Such charming illustrations!!

Betsy said...

I'm so happy that you've found contentment back in your closet. I just watched a documentary Saturday about Erma Bombeck and her life. She was my Mom's favorite writer, they were born only a year or so apart and we're experiencing moments in life at about the same times. I used to read her books when Mom was done with them and remember laughing out loud. :-). Sorry about the snow. I've read about it on a few blogs now. We've had a beautiful first week of April so far, except for a day of rain yesterday. No complaints there, the plants all need the moisture. Happy Tuesday!
Blessings,
Betsy