Friday, April 01, 2016

Books, Photos, TV. Yep, That's About As Deep As It Gets Today.

"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”   ... Hebrews 13:5


******

When someone writes over 3,300 blog posts, she often feels she's already said it all.  And said it repeatedly. Some of you even quote me to myself, words I truly don't recall telling you! (Always a weird, but-kinda-pleasant feeling to be paid attention to.)

So today I will show you pictures which, yeah, you've already seen. But hey. It's been awhile. Please humor me-- I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs while waiting for Springtime to finally come and stay. (I did joyfully flit around doing yard work this morning in glorious sun and temps after 2 grey days, but now we are back to winter--and will be until Wednesday. Bleh.)

But moving on to happier things, here are some favorite corners of my home:





















Oh, and I went on a Betty Cavanna buying binge and bought these, plus one more (Scarlet Sail).




The blue hardcover is Spring Comes Riding which I found at Ebay for only a tiny fraction of what Amazon and Abe were asking. Don't you love it when that happens?

I've read Betty's books since I was a teenager and owned others already--and still--I could not put these books down. Seriously. What a gifted writer she was and how refreshing to lose myself in Ms. Cavanna's books while this crazy world spins out of control. 

How thoughtful of God to give us writers and others like Betty.





******



Have you seen the new show, Good Bones, on HGTV? What fun to watch this quirky mother and daughter team create such beautiful homes from sad, dilapidated messes. I enjoy their teasing banter as much as their new creations.



Also, Tom and I both enjoy the group of friends on Zombie House Flipping (on FYI), scripted dialogue and goofiness, included. These people are silly--the nice type of silly, though.






******




No comments: