Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Guess It's a Random Thought Kind of Month ...



1.) One thing I still love about Christmas-the-way-lots-of-people-do-it? Lights on houses, especially when I can see them from my windows. Oh, and when people go all out like this: Woman Turns Home Into Giant Gingerbread House.

2.) Been yearning to read my share-it-every-December post about Christmas inflatables for the yard? Ok, well, read it anyway, here.  :)

3.) Via Netflix, have you watched the "I Hope I Am Crazy" episode of Doomsday Preppers? There's a lady called The Doris Day of Doom, but I think the woman featured earlier should be called the same. Both are great community helpers and I admire them. You might also.

Personally, I also hope to become a sort of genteel, keep-it-elegant-and-loving type of prepper. We have a choice in how we view ourselves--it doesn't have to be as others see us. We don't have to do things exactly as others do them, either.

4.) Many dance sequences have stolen my heart, but still none more than this one which I fell in love with at age 14. My oh my. Beautiful.

5.) Naomi arrived home from California safely last night! Thanks so much for your prayers. (The band traveled huge distances between some gigs, allowing only hours and I wondered if anyone consulted an actual map while planning this tour.)  heh.

Fortunately, they're all young and everyone survived.

6.) Buffalo broke a 114-year-old warmth record yesterday--yesss! Seventy-one gorgeous degrees  and ol' Debra celebrated by reading this book outside on her porch wearing only slacks and a t-shirt. And I might have even done a little dance while on my walk around the block. Might have.

7.) Isn't this a cute idea (which I should have shared last Spring)?:




8.) Speaking of terra cotta pots (were we?), last month I heated water for hot chocolate by placing my tea kettle on top of my flower pot heater. Worked great and is one more step toward becoming not so horribly dependent upon The Grid.




9.) Anyone else thrilled with their new Re-Uses book? How fun to reacquaint myself with ideas like using cereal boxes as file folders, boxes for cute bed trays, coffee cans for stoves, old shower curtains as paint tarps, etc. I'm underlining my favorite ideas and finding it's a terrific book for my set-on-prepping brain.

10.)  Oh! Have you seen the new TCM Remembers 2015 yet? Beautifully done as always.

11.) And lastly? Here's a terrific prepper article which contained more information than lots of free prepper kindle books I've found. Enjoy! (Just promise not to let it overwhelm you, ok?)







****** 







"Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest."  ...Proverbs 6:6-8



******

What's cooking in my crockpot today? Pork and vegetable stew.


******

No comments: