Monday, November 12, 2012

Simple Encouragement


Tom and I visited two estate sales this past weekend and at one I found this pot and the small runner for just 50 cents each. I do love that mustard color.

Then, see this glass?


Back in the 90's I bought one and used it as a vase, but I gave it away when we moved from our other suburb house. Just last week I thought, "I wish I'd kept that glass now that I've returned to decorating with blue." Well, one sale this weekend had a whole set of those glasses! I bought one and thanked God for being so sweet to give it back to me. He really can make Himself obvious when we switch from fear to trust.

 The vintage tablecloth beneath it was just 50 cents. 

**********


Of course, there are some great quotes out there from today's people (lest, by my last post you thought I meant there are not).

For example, here are some words given by Cindy Jacobs which have been bouncing around inside my head all weekend, comforting me like crazy. May they bring comfort to you, also:


1. If you have a vision from God and it’s never opposed, it’s not a true vision from God.
2. You’re perfected through the things you suffer. Your soul may get weary and need strengthening but the perfecting is necessary.
3. Today’s tests are tomorrow’s testimonies.
4. Faith always operates in the red. When the money is in the bank, you don’t need faith. The time for faith is before you see the results.
5. What you sow, God will bank in heaven and you will reap what you sow.


*********
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.  If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” John 15:18-20 
"Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked [a]by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and [b]that only is what he will reap."   ... Galations 6:7

******************

I so appreciated all the insightful dialogue in my comment box after my last post! A special thanks to each of you who contributed your thoughts.

******************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty "finds"...I rarely have seen nice vintage linen things...you must be in a good area for such!

Thanks for your remark wishing hubby and I well...it is a temporary spot, but we are so enjoying ourselves and so grateful for this time. We did not get much of a honeymoon, so here we are later, some 40 years later, having more or less what we missed then. And perhaps in some ways, mature enough now to enjoy the parts we might not have back then. Life is interesting...you can say that! We are taking classes (not credit or grades) and loving that time, studying together, etc. Something we have not done a whole lot of earlier either.
Elizabeth of VA now