Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Good Tired Vs. Bad


I prefer to end my days with Good Tired.

But Bad Tired, instead, happens when I spend my most energetic hours on the computer staring at Facebook or blogs or emails, instead of being, well, productive. To everything there is a season and there are 'seasons' to my days. A time to be online and a time to hop up and work.


Bad Tired also happens when I work, work, work while sulking, "I hate this. If only I could pay someone to do it for me." Or while shoving things around and thinking, "Tom should have done all this yesterday. I shouldn't have to clean up his messes. #&^%$%."


Bad Tired happens when I waited all day, hours and hours, for the perfect time-- and it never came. Or when I spent the entire day slouched before the tv watching the latest news disaster, play by play by play.


But Good Tired! Good Tired happens when I mow the lawn while feeling glad we even have one or when I wash the dishes feeling grateful we have those, too. Or when I do my hardest chores at my most energetic time instead of waiting until day's end, when my physical energy is depleted, when sit-down-stuff or going online are more timely.


Good Tired happens when I pause, over and over, to just sit and smile and whisper with God.


There are natural rhythms to me and to my days, too. Flows, rivers even of energy, of Grace and of rest. May I follow and obey them and sprinkle each hour with vitamins of gladness, gratitude and wisdom.

8 comments:

Sarira said...

Debra! I just stumbled on your blog and I absolutely loved this post. I know what you mean about those unproductive days :( And I really loved how you said 'waiting for the perfect time'.

Anyways, I look forward to reading more from this 'annoying' (NOT) homemaker :)

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

Debra, what a good post. I need to work on that doing things when I have energy! Doing them gladly. Thanks for reminding me.

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

And where did you find this amazing picture! Talk about barely keeping one's head above water!

Debra said...

Sarira--so glad to see you here and thanks for your comment! Hope you'll visit again.

Kristi--I found this picture at allposters.com. I can't recall the search words I used, though. I liked it because it's as though she's going with the (good, peaceful) flow. :)

Blessings, Debra

Tracy said...

I've had more bad tired days than I care to admit. A wonderful post!

Pat said...

I'm all too familiar with good VS bad tired! Yesterday was a good tired event though by evening, I ached and walked like the Old Man character that Tim Conway played on the Carol Burnet Show!

Elizabeth said...

You are so right Debra !

Dolores said...

Beautiful Post!