Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Merry Christmas!


I've been as concerned as many of you at how a minority are trying to not only take Christ out of Christmas, but Christmas out of Christmas, too!

Good grief.

I was going to (also like many of you) post about this, but I found another post which says it better than I can. You can find it here over at Berrymom's blog, The Sojourner's Journey. I found this post to be an inspiring wake-up call.

I don't know, but isn't this a form of terrorism? I mean, trying to make the majority of us afraid to live our lives as we have lived them before? To make us fear saying/singing/displaying the two little words, "Merry Christmas"?

Or from a different angle, isn't it rather like trying to turn our nation into something like an ice cream shop where only vanilla is served, whereas years ago we were more like Baskin Robbins with its 31 (or more) flavors? Where there is no variety offered and accepted, there is no real freedom offered or accepted, either.

I mean, if someone wished me a happy Hanukkah, I would simply wish them a happy Hanukkah back. If folks wished me a happy Kwanzaa, I'd wish them back a happy Kwanzaa. 

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM? I just don't see it.

In an earlier post I said too often our God is tiny. In this instance, I believe our hearts are too tiny.

Well, don't get me started.

I hope you'll zip over to Berrymom's blog and until my next post, let me just do my part and say,
"Merry Christmas!"
"Merry Christmas!"
"Merry Christmas!"


***


And a very special thanks to Berrymom for her post.

No comments: