Saturday, September 03, 2005

See You On The High Road






In times of trouble, the easy thing is to  blame people for our discomfort.

The simplest thing is to complain--anybody can do that. It takes no strength, stamina, no internal discipline to complain. It's the natural thing to do.

But I don't want to just do what comes naturally. 

Who wants to just blend-in with crowds? Not me, especially with those on the Low Road. 

I want to take the High Road even though, yes, it's rougher. Only those who have strengthened and disciplined themselves are able to climb up to the High Road and stay there longer than an hour or two.

The High Road is God's Road.

You won't find Blamers, Complainers and Pessimists up there. They're down below on the Low Road with millions of others moaning, whining alongside them.

But those on the High Road are getting things done. Theyre searching for ways to get those down on the Low Road pulled up from the mediocrity, sadness and dark clouds there.

I appreciate being challenged to travel the High Road. I want to listen to people who urge me to take the more disciplined road of sacrifice. I want to read books and blogs which convict me about my own complacency even though they're harder to find.

I've had enough of the voices which are enticing me to complain about our leaders, our government, our churches and others who are actually out doing. Changing lives.

Doers, real doers, are not complainers. Those who are accomplishing great things are not the ones sitting in front of their televisions or their computers complaining to others and feeding fires of discontent.

Doers are Pray-ers.
Doers are Givers.
Doers are Supporters.
Doers are Comforters.
Doers trust that God will care for them.
Doers are out feeding the hungry.
Doers are out clothing the naked.
Doers are out healing the sick.
Doers are out fixing what is broken.
Doers are out giving whatever they have.

Take me to the place where the Doers are so that I will be inspired to be one, myself. 

I am surrounded by this Low Road and I'm ready to climb higher.


******

No comments: