Friday, July 28, 2023

Good News. Oh, and Clarity. :)




" Let whoever would love life and see good days [good–whether apparent or not] keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit). --- 1 Peter 3:10


******

The first part of that above verse? 

That's me. I'm one who 'would love life and see good days (good-whether apparent or not)'.

And that's why, this week, I had to choose healing, peace and anticipation rather than sadness, disappointment and melancholy. You know, over Daniel the Cat's passing.

In a weird way, it felt reminiscent of this from Joshua 1:

“Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them ... I will give you every place where you set your foot ..."

God gave the Israelites a certain time period to officially mourn Moses. Then it ended. A day arrived when He declared, "It's time to march forward with Me. Let's go."

The best heart-healer, ever? Jesus. In fact, while sitting upon the red couch hugging my Daniel pillow (again)--




--Jesus clearly impressed upon me, "Daniel is thanking you for releasing him from a body in pain."

Wow. The healing quickly flowed to this heart which so loves life and wishes to see good days. When I reach Heaven, oh my! May I not have to groan, "Man, my life down there could've been a zillion times happier. If only I'd allowed Jesus to heal my hurts. Gah."

May I grant no permission for roadblocks between Jesus and me, our relationship, and all He wishes me to do for others.

So I've dried my tears and now am anticipating the special cat God's picked for us to carry home soon-- 

--and I'm thanking Him for hundreds of the sweetest memories of a cat-friend who's loving his life while racing in between Tom's and my houses and yards in Heaven, joyfully, with new pals who wait for us, also.






So does God really care about our pets? Certainly! I mean, hey:


"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care."   --- Matthew 10:29

Personally I need no more assurance than that so to rest calmly since God makes certain our pets await us in Heaven because we love them. Simply because we love them--and God loves us.


******


A sort-of funny story? If you've ever wondered why I've referred to our cats as Daniel the Cat, Sammy the Cat, etc., here's why--

Years ago I ventured upon a new-to-me blog. The first post? One which, basically, said this:

"Someone left our front gate open and David stepped into the street. He was hit by a car. Oh, we were so devastated and worried! The driver of the car helped us carry him into the house and upon the couch where he appeared to be in shock."

(While reading this my jaw kept dropping as I pictured little toddler David, injured.)

The post continued--- "We immediately called the vet and he said we should bring David in without moving him more than necessary."

The vet. David was a dog. And yes! That's tragic, too, but hey, my poor ol' heart stopped pounding as much.

Oh, and by the way, David pulled through. He would be ok.


So now you know that--for the sake of clarity--why I add that 'the cat' part.  シ

Always I wish to write as clearly as possible here, lest there be confusion and a total missing of what God intended me to say.


******

Seriously, I'm enjoying that Youtube site, Aesthetic Home Decor Staff, which I shared one video from last time. So many creative ideas! Be still my heart.


******








Sometimes we're waiting for Joy to fall upon us--when in reality--Joy is waiting to be chosen.




 Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. *** "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Sandi said...

My condolences.

Betsy said...

I'm so happy that you've found the peace in your heart that only God can give. Can you just imagine the happiness we'll have in Heaven? Not only will our animals be there, but all of the people we've known and loved. But best of all, best of all. Jesus. He will be there waiting for us. I can't wait.
I'm glad that your heart is open to a new cat. Now we wait until God brings you the most perfect one for you and Tom.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

"...no roadblocks between me and Jesus." I like that! I'm so thankful that the Holy Spirit is helping you through these days of change. He knows us so well and loves us like no other. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for you and your family!