Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Why I Don't Believe Jesus Will Return, Like, Next Tuesday




Hopefully by now you know I prefer keeping things simple. These are only blog posts, after all.

Keep that in mind today, ok?


******

So why don't I believe Jesus is returning, like, next Tuesday?

Three quick reasons:


1.) "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."   --- Habakkuk 2:14


Are we there yet? Uh, no. Though many folks of Earth have heard about Jesus, no way do most have personal knowledge/experience of the glory of the Lord, either to accept or deny. Not even. Not yet.


2.) “In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

And, well, are we there yet either? Uh, no. It's begun, though! And how exciting to partake in inklings of godly beginnings.


3.) " ... Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."   --- Ephesians 5:25-27


And that last portion, especially: is the majority of the church, the Bride, at the 'radiant, without  blemish, but holy and blameless' point? No, just no. Not yet. A remnant exists, of course (always there's a remnant!), but these verses speak of something more glorious, more complete. More seen.


Okay, to some of you, all that above is a 'buzzkill'.  Perhaps you're thinking, "But I want Jesus to come and rescue me now! This world is too ugly." Yet again, He's returning for a radiant church, not a limping, just-take-me-home-cuz-I'm-tired one.

But oh, what is coming to us before Jesus does! Before the huge 'falling away' which the Bible describes for later.

Far more spreading of supernatural revival which will bring:

Christians walking in unity! 
The tossing away of petty differences. 
The loving God with all their hearts
And a sacrifical love for one another, 
one not preferring pets over people(!)
The exposure of leaders with evil hearts 
And their God-chosen replacements.
The laws reflecting God's heart.
More shaking of all things that can be shaken!
And oh, the holiness which the unsaved will crave.
And again, love! The most important thing of all.


Now is the time to prepare our hearts for the 'best of times, worst of times' scenarios ahead. To train for battle.  To ready our minds and hands to exercise those God-given gifts given long ago for such a time as this.

What I and a few million other Christians believe? We are at the beginning of the end, not the end of the end. God has a timeline, yet our skipping ahead on it won't bring Jesus back any sooner.

He'll come when He's prepared for us, even though, yes sometimes, we feel so ready for that to be today.





Of course, if we all find ourselves in Heaven next Tuesday because Jesus returned for us, y'all can stand in line to take turns with your, "I told you so's."  I promise to be a good sport about it. heh.  シ シ


 “... Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe..."   --- Hebrews 12: 26-28


A house divided against itself cannot stand and that's why satan has pulled out the big guns, trying to divide not only our nation, but God's church, as well. Never play into his deceptions, games and plans!



******


Tom and I watched two good movies last weekend: 




******

"For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his holy prophets.."   --- Acts 3:21





One of the very best things about true, supernatural revival? It always brings unity amongst those gathered to worship God with all their hearts. All the nit-picky differences vanish, float away, leaving additional room for more of God's glory to touch and change and heal.


******




Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Pam said...

I remember when I was a young girl listening to sermons at church. When the pastor preached about end times, I'd be so scared I wouldn't be able to fall asleep for a week. Lots of fire and brimstone was shared. And even though I still believe in heaven and hell, as a nearly 70-year-old woman, I am not afraid anymore. I'm learning to take each day as it comes and my goal is to trust in the Lord more than anybody or anything else.

Debra, thank you for sharing so honestly and I always appreciate the bible verses you include.

Betsy said...

Another thought provoking post Debra. Although, I'm one who leans toward the we may be closer to the end than many think, I agree that we don't know and we need to keep teaching and encouraging.
As the Bible says, "But about that day or hour, no one knows, not even the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36
It could be next Tuesday. It could be 100 or 1000 years from now. The important thing is that we are ready whenever it happens. We also never know when OUR last day on earth will be. I well know that from when my heart stopped before I got my pacemaker in 2015. I experienced just a taste of what is to come and I, for one, am ready to go home today. :-)
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy